Dialers And/or Appointment Setters

windi

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I hear talk on here a lot about people using dialers. I've read and read about them, and still don't quite get how they work. I 'get' that they dial numbers for you, but that's about it.

Can someone explain to me, in VERY LAYMAN terms, how they work? Do you put the numbers in and then it dials? Do you need a special land line? etc, etc.

One thing I HATE answering the phone is when I answer and nothing happens on the other end for a few seconds, before someone then talks. Clearly it was a dialer and whoever was on the other end didn't pick up right away. Does that happen often? Or is that just a lazy telemarketer. It really ticks me off, and I'm not nearly as ready to listen to the person on the other end of the line if I have to wait after I say "hello" for a response, you know?

Just thinking about them because it's HARD getting the numbers in when I'm cold calling. I can only dial so fast, you know?

And appointment setters.....my upline was discussing hiring someone to help with that, just to get some more numbers dialed. She's got a lady in mind, who is in her late 60's looking for some sort of work that doesn't involve physical labor or standing at the door at Walmart, you know? She'd be setting appointments for t65. It's just a thought, kind of thrown out there, so I'm throwing it out here, just to see the response. She'd be paid by the hour with an incentive for appointments run and supps sold. Like X-amount for each med supp I sell--giving her incentive to book quality appointments. Not that most med-supp appointments aren't quality really, it's a lot easier than other appointments I'm sure. (remembering when I was a telemarketer for all of 3 days trying to book appointments for security system sales back in the day. Ugh)

Just some thoughts on how to get more appointments throughout the week without me spending every spare minute dialing numbers. Sigh. It's not that I even mind cold calling really, if only it didn't take so much time to get through the list.....

SalesDialers.com does a daily webinar Monday-Friday at 2pm EST to walk through their system that should answer most of your questions.

A few points in no particular order:
-There should be zero delay on any dialer you're using. Newer technology virtually eliminates that.
-The short version is that you sit down, it calls, and it puts the name of the folks on the screen. When you hang up, you just click on a disposition (disconnected, not interested, etc), and then you're off to the next number.
-If you're going to hire a telemarketer, you probably want a pro. Hiring someone that doesn't want physical labor, a student, an at home mom, usually all disasters. There are a lot of folks that work from home as professional telemarketers and they're gems; those are the type of folks you want to look for.

I think the delay you are hearing is when using answering detection( dialer listens for an answering machine, if not a machine. The call is transferred), or it is a large call center and the delay is just trying to find an available agent.

scotte said:
I think the delay you are hearing is when using answering detection( dialer listens for an answering machine, if not a machine. The call is transferred), or it is a large call center and the delay is just trying to find an available agent.

That makes sense, large call center, waiting on an available agent...... I just don't want to talk to someone already ticked because I didn't answer immediately after they did.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
moonlightandmargaritas said:
If you're going to give her "X-amount" for each Med Supp you sell, you better make sure she's got an insurance license.

Good to know! Didn't think about that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DanteThompson said:
I have a technical background working with dialers
and contact centers. A dialer you can process 150 to 200 leads in a couple of hours. Basically it saves time

That's what I'm thinking. They don't continue dialing when someone picks up, right? They just dial until someone answers? How do you imput the numbers? As in, how does the dialer know what numbers to call?

Last edited:
Your call lists will be in an Excel or CVS format. You just upload the call list into the dialer. It is pretty easy.

One thing I HATE answering the phone is when I answer and nothing happens on the other end for a few seconds, before someone then talks. Clearly it was a dialer and whoever was on the other end didn't pick up right away. Does that happen often? Or is that just a lazy telemarketer.....

This happens often when the user has multiple lines in play at one time. It takes time when someone answers to terminate or pause those other lines (happens automatically by the dialer) and this creates the delay to talk or answer.

What I do when dialing Senior market folks using a dialer is to only use one line; sometimes two. This eliminates the delay in talk. Now some might say, "if you are only using one line why use a dialer...?" It is still lots faster, dials many more folks than manual dialing, but the big plus is just sitting back in the cushy office chair waiting for someone to answer. No reaching for the phone to hit the numbers, very stress free... Even with one line dialing I will get more talks and numbers dialed per hr than manual by a big margin and at the end of 4 hrs of dialing I am still fresh as a daisy...

If you're using SalesDialers.com you can use up to 4 lines without the delay in connecting to them. That's a difference in technology.

SportsNut said:
This happens often when the user has multiple lines in play at one time. It takes time when someone answers to terminate or pause those other lines (happens automatically by the dialer) and this creates the delay to talk or answer.

What I do when dialing Senior market folks using a dialer is to only use one line; sometimes two. This eliminates the delay in talk. Now some might say, "if you are only using one line why use a dialer...?" It is still lots faster, dials many more folks than manual dialing, but the big plus is just sitting back in the cushy office chair waiting for someone to answer. No reaching for the phone to hit the numbers, very stress free... Even with one line dialing I will get more talks and numbers dialed per hr than manual by a big margin and at the end of 4 hrs of dialing I am still fresh as a daisy...
That's what I'm thinking about. One line, just because the dialer can call the numbers so much faster.

Latest posts

Back