Dialers, Search, and Internet Ads, Lead Landscape is Changing!

So now mid October there's no more dialers now? I don't know how they would be able to track the use of dialers, multiple lines I guess, but one liners maybe not.

The Internet’s next victim: Advertising - Salon.com

Good article from Salon about the state of internet ads, mozilla has offered this ad blocker for awhile, but now browsers are leaning towards inclusion of ad blocking technologies (google's chrome wont), which makes the chances of your ad seen less and less.

Now for search, it seems keywords are very saturated, and to plan any domination of keywords where it took 3 months of hardcore content curation, now needs 6-12 months to get competitive. This will only make it tougher for new insurance sites to come in...which is why you have forums like Sam's Library springing up, to get around this obstacle.

So with internet leads coming from ads to slow/disappear and dialers being outlawed, how will the lead industry cope with these new developments?

What changes mid-October? I missed something.
I guess its to late for me to start up my dialer company?

Mail, Mail, Mail. Someone had to do something to save the post office! USPS' EDDM system is the best thing going right now for the money. That and old-fashioned door knocking. History has a way of repeating itself. I am old school, so it does not bother me. Tweet That!

Mail, Mail, Mail. Someone had to do something to save the post office! USPS' EDDM system is the best thing going right now for the money. That and old-fashioned door knocking. History has a way of repeating itself. I am old school, so it does not bother me. Tweet That!

I tried EDDM with MA plans, specifically Dual Eligible's and Chronic Conditions. I mailed about 1500 and received one phone call.
What do you use EDDM for?
Thanks.

I tried EDDM with MA plans, specifically Dual Eligible's and Chronic Conditions. I mailed about 1500 and received one phone call.
What do you use EDDM for?
Thanks.

Final expense. But I actually get more response from the younger folks. The response is close to the same for the old mailers, but once the people send in the card, they KNOW it is about Life insurance. Its a better tool for me because I offer term and UL.

Did yours have a return card? Don't forget there are people telemarketing all sorts of Health Plans, as well as mailing them. Moreover, the specific target age may have been the problem. EDDM would work if you found a large retirement village or two on the same mail route, then you get to the Seniors only.

Final expense. But I actually get more response from the younger folks. The response is close to the same for the old mailers, but once the people send in the card, they KNOW it is about Life insurance. Its a better tool for me because I offer term and UL.

Did yours have a return card? Don't forget there are people telemarketing all sorts of Health Plans, as well as mailing them. Moreover, the specific target age may have been the problem. EDDM would work if you found a large retirement village or two on the same mail route, then you get to the Seniors only.

No reply card. I mailed whole towns, so I got everybody. You cannot target specific ages with EDDM.

I know; that is a problem. That is why I use it for Life insurance. It is not age specific. You can, however, pick the mail routes. You could try a route with retirement complexes and the such (as I mentioned), it is like doorknocking, the message just reaches more than you possibly can yourself in person.

If you are in a small market, then I don't know what to tell you. The whole town was 1500?

I know; that is a problem. That is why I use it for Life insurance. It is not age specific. You can, however, pick the mail routes. You could try a route with retirement complexes and the such (as I mentioned), it is like doorknocking, the message just reaches more than you possibly can yourself in person.

If you are in a small market, then I don't know what to tell you. The whole town was 1500?

I mailed towns with small populations (100-500 pop.)
What FE cards are you mailing and do you use a reply card or phone #.

Reply card. No number. As the case in a business card, once they have your number, they think that is all they need. "I will call next week and check this out because it sounds good" is what they think. Next week never comes.:no:

----------

Small towns are funny animals, too. The best and most loved Minister/preacher may have a crippled son, who couldn't speak until he was 30. Now he can do only one thing. The one thing in the world that God has called him to do:

And that is to SELL WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL. You cannot compete with a preacher's disbabled son...ever. :no: (True story, btw)

Back