Did some door knocking yesterday... and then ate some bacon

T
The bacon and eggs are more satiating, especially in the absence of refined carbs. But that 6.5 pounds included some body fat. In addition to the bacon, eggs, and beer, your body "ate" that fat as well. This is why someone who is overweight can be satisfied with 1 to 2 pounds of bacon per day until they lean out - then they will down 3 to 4 pounds in order not to feel hungry. Right now you are on a very high fat diet. Most of that fat is coming from the restaurant strapped around your midsection, not the plate off of which you eat.

Good job, chasejordan1!
Thanks man.

I forgot to mention 1 other thing regarding a high protein diet and cutting carbs. There is a much bigger problem than just carbs that is SUGAR, in especially fructose, Fructose is non digestible and is stored in the liver ( hence near epidemic levels of Fatty Liver Disease in the USA). You need to eliminate ALL corn syrups, cooking oils and starches(corn,potatoes,breads etc) from your diet, and unfortunately that is no easy task! For me it's ice cream. I'm fighting this battle for a while now,feel free to pm me with questions.

I forgot to mention 1 other thing regarding a high protein diet and cutting carbs. There is a much bigger problem than just carbs that is SUGAR, in especially fructose, Fructose is non digestible and is stored in the liver ( hence near epidemic levels of Fatty Liver Disease in the USA). You need to eliminate ALL corn syrups, cooking oils and starches(corn,potatoes,breads etc) from your diet, and unfortunately that is no easy task! For me it's ice cream. I'm fighting this battle for a while now,feel free to pm me with questions.
Thanks for the offer, but DayTimer's my diet guru. :yes:

Thanks for the offer, but DayTimer's my diet guru. :yes:

He is right that SUGAR is the biggest enemy of health. It is not fat, nor salt, nor cat piss soaked couches. It is SUGAR - and in all of its forms: sucrose, fructose, lactose, dextrose, anything you can ingest that ends with -ose should be minimized if not eliminated.

Ice cream is my weakness too. I found a neat little high fat, no sugar ice cream substitute that you can make in a food processor. I like it with strawberries and blue berries. I would love it with blackberries if only I could find blackberries with no or very small seeds on a consistent basis. The seed ruin in for me. But you can't go wrong with strawberries or blueberries, and I use a bit of stevia and splenda together for sweetness.

( hence near epidemic levels of Fatty Liver Disease in the USA)

Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. This is the FE forum, so we need to make that distinction.

He is right that SUGAR is the biggest enemy of health. It is not fat, nor salt, nor cat piss soaked couches. It is SUGAR - and in all of its forms: sucrose, fructose, lactose, dextrose, anything you can ingest that ends with -ose should be minimized if not eliminated.

Ice cream is my weakness too. I found a neat little high fat, no sugar ice cream substitute that you can make in a food processor. I like it with strawberries and blue berries. I would love it with blackberries if only I could find blackberries with no or very small seeds on a consistent basis. The seed ruin in for me. But you can't go wrong with strawberries or blueberries, and I use a bit of stevia and splenda together for sweetness.

Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. This is the FE forum, so we need to make that distinction.

I've been eating the bacon every day but except for the 1st day and yesterday, I've cheated. After the 1st day, I lost a pound. Yesterday I only ate bacon and drank water and coffee with Stevia and I just weighed myself..l lost 2 pounds. :jiggy:

I want some ice cream(got some in the freezer), but I'm sticking to the Bacon Diet. :yes:

Back