Did this Agent Act Unethical or is It Me??

Dr. Pepper

Expert
So I figured I would post on here to get expert answers. I got a policy for a customer about a 1.5 years ago. He is graded everywhere(2 year rop deal, then level coverage), due to his many illnesses, medicines, etc.(i.e heart failure, kidney failure). So recently I got notification he is replacing this policy with AIG going guarantee issue. I called him up and he is saving about $10 per month. However now he has a 2 year waiting period until he has full coverage. Otherwise if he stood with the original policy I got him, he would only have to wait about 6 months for full coverage. Was it unethical for this agent to do this?

I may be mistaken here but the insured is on dialysis, how long could he possibly live??? I do not think this was in the client's best interest. But I may be wrong. Please chime in and let me know your thoughts. Am I wrong?

:skeptical:

Did the insured fully understand the differences and make a decision based off the full and complete facts?

Not a ethical replacement, problem is its in the eye of the beholder. Someone could say replacing your Carrier with LH is a "better benefit" because of the FCGS. Is it right? No, but right doesn't always win.

He knew he would save but did not realize he would have to wait 2 years for full benefit. But he already cancelled and hr does not want to go through it again as he says.

I mean really how long can someone live on dialysis?
I think this agent should have walked.

Did you and Dr Pepper tag team this one??

So I figured I would post on here to get expert answers. I got a policy for a customer about a 1.5 years ago. He is graded everywhere(2 year rop deal, then level coverage), due to his many illnesses, medicines, etc.(i.e heart failure, kidney failure). So recently I got notification he is replacing this policy with AIG going guarantee issue. I called him up and he is saving about $10 per month. However now he has a 2 year waiting period until he has full coverage. Otherwise if he stood with the original policy I got him, he would only have to wait about 6 months for full coverage. Was it unethical for this agent to do this?

I may be mistaken here but the insured is on dialysis, how long could he possibly live??? I do not think this was in the client's best interest. But I may be wrong. Please chime in and let me know your thoughts. Am I wrong?

Not being there we can not say. Did the customer search out a "better deal"?

Do you have a policy on his beneficiary? I would send a letter outlining the benefits of keeping what he has vs the new AIG ROP policy. File it and move on.

----------

He knew he would save but did not realize he would have to wait 2 years for full benefit. But he already cancelled and hr does not want to go through it again as he says.

You are getting more information from the post than I.

I know people that have lived for over 15 years on dialysis. Average is around 5 - 10 years.

I don't believe he will make it another 2 years. I'm not sure what I can do now. Maybe I can get this agent fired for replacing me....

Am I the only one confused by this? How many user names does the OP have? Because as I read the above posts, it would seem that Dr Pepper, Maple Whiskey, and Senior Advisor Indiana are the same person. No?

The agent should not have replaced in this situation in my opinion. Not worth starting a year and 1/2 over for $10 savings. I would call or go see the client and explain it and see if I could reinstate mine. If he doesn't want to go through that process, then just remember You Can't Fix Stupid and move on. Go find a real client!

Maybe all the client is caring about is the 10 bucks, who knows. Going by and seeing him is a good idea even though you won't make anything for doing so. Which boils down to what kind of agent you are. Do you only work if you can make a buck on it, or do you care about your clients, even the stupid ones?

If it was me..I'd go see him and the first thing I'd say is that "I don't make a nickle coming here. I'm here because I care about your situation." That should get him to at least listen to you. Then find out if he knows about the new waiting period and ask if the other agent explained that to him.......blea..blea.

I wouldn't have replaced a policy like that with so little time before it's out of the waiting period. I would have added that "most agents would have gave you a worse plan than you have now just to make a buck".

Then ask if he knows someone that could use an honest agent.... :yes:

What goes around comes around....except for women....when you're old....ohh, godddd..... :goofy:

Back