Didn't think it but

James

Guru
1000 Post Club
I'll be selling Medicare Advantage Plans for a 6 week period. One major difference is that I'm told by a Agency handling my contracts for LTC and other senior products that WellPoint is coming out with a MA that is able to enroll Medicaid Clients? Don't know about that one but its suppose to be in the works and should get info either this week or next. Now when I was selling MA's in the Knoxville TN area there were certain people you might as well say, "i can't help you" and walk away. Those were Medicaid Pt's, Veterans on TriCare and those that had Dr's on that was a part of the Summit Group.

Has anyone heard of WellPoint and their MA that is Medicaid approved? If this is true it's a biggie! Not sure what they'll be paying out in commissions though, told it should be 2 something but Tom just wasn't sure about it.

Depends on how the state is handling Medicaid.

I have clients on Medicaid with a MA plan. In Kansas it works. In Missouri it does not.

If they have a spend down, once they reach the spend down it should be 100% coverage. Medicaid will pay for the co-pay; the insurance company will pay the rest (like it normally works). If that is the way it happens in TN then you should be ok.

If they have a spend down, and once Medicaid kicks in some states (Missouri) will not pay for the co-pays. What they (Missouri Medicaid) do not realize is that they can save money by only paying for the co-pays. That is why their system is in shambles.

Just be careful with Medicaid people. Duel eligibles can elect changes all year and are not bound to the AEP and OEP enrollment times.

One big plus is that they are not bound to the Medicaid netowrk of doctors, but will get access to the network that the MA plan uses.

P.S. Do not forget about the OEP from January 1st to March 31st.

Changes in that time include:
Switching MAPD plans (from company to company, or plan to plan)
PDP upgrade to a MAPD

Wellpoint already has this in many states. Wellpoint is parent company of Unicare and some BCBS companies (South Carolina).

perfectchoice said:
Wellpoint already has this in many states. Wellpoint is parent company of Unicare and some BCBS companies (South Carolina).

Yep that is it, I guess they are now entering TN, haven't known them to be in the State prior to this notification.

Back