Difference between Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies and berkshire hathaway homestate co

When Quoting, does anyone know what is the difference between Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies and berkshire hathaway homestate companies?

Please share!

Thanks

I can't answer your question but will say, I represent Guard and am unhappy with them. They aren't underwriting, they are nitpicking and their claims service is horrible. I had an insured that had hail damage to roof and twice he got a call telling him someone would be in touch with him within 24 hours. No one did. You can't get anyone in the claims department you talk with you, they are always on the phone.

When Quoting, does anyone know what is the difference between Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies and berkshire hathaway homestate companies?

Please share!

Thanks

BHHC - Good at habitational, fleets, high risk commercial auto, truckers, property. They don't like GL or BOPS in my state. Usually a good option for risks that won't fit elsewhere when you need to break out that property or commercial auto line

GUARD - Likes BOPs, Small Contractors, will write monoline commercial auto in my state, but unlike BHHC they don't like fleets or truckers. Good for auto repair shops, artisan contractors, BOPs, monoline GL, WC, etc

GUARD is absolutely awful. Destroyed almost my entire book with price increases and terrible service. If Warren knew how bad they were he would be very disappointed. The only reason the are profitable is because they ignore everyone's phone call.

Guard claims service is horrible! You can not get anyone on the phone for claims questions or concerns. Left so many messages with no return call...ever.

Back