Dignity memorial refund?

TPAAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Client mother paying over $200 with Dignity- been for 6 months.. just wrote her daughter and she wants me to see if I can help her get her mother a policy thats cheaper-.. will her mother be entitled to any refund from dignity after 6 months if she decides to cancel?

Thanks

Sounds like a funeral preneed those generally come with a one year waiting period as well.

Client mother paying over $200 with Dignity- been for 6 months.. just wrote her daughter and she wants me to see if I can help her get her mother a policy thats cheaper-.. will her mother be entitled to any refund from dignity after 6 months if she decides to cancel?

Thanks

If it is a true pre-need attached to a policy... the answer is no, but you may be able to save a months premium depending when it went in. Do yo know here health issues?

You should easily be able to look at the agreement and find out. I'm always honest with the client about not getting them a refund, but at the same time i always offer an alternative solution...with me as their agent. Preneed is pricey so you should have lots of options. If I had a client who told me her mother is paying $200/mo, my answer would be..."Call your mom, and tell her I'm on my way over right now. "

Spent 25 long years with Dignity Memorial. I suggest she has them rewrite it into a flex plan straight payout no insurance protection. It still freezes the cost. Then take the savings and find her a final expense product she should be able to save big depending on her age. Math works best on pre-arranged funeral over age 75, single pays and those needing an irrevocable product for public assistance.

Spent 25 long years with Dignity Memorial. I suggest she has them rewrite it into a flex plan straight payout no insurance protection. It still freezes the cost. Then take the savings and find her a final expense product she should be able to save big depending on her age. Math works best on pre-arranged funeral over age 75, single pays and those needing an irrevocable product for public assistance.

Not sure about Dignity Memorial, but on the "irrevocable product for public assistance" a simple FE plan and name some else as the owner. This keeps it from being reviewed during an asset review.

Back