Ding! Dong! The Rule is OFFICIALLY Dead!

Interestingly enough, the saga has continued! Barbara Lynn, chief judge for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, issued an order advising anyone seeking “further relief” to let the court know by July 12. That means today is the deadline for any action - it's possible that other states could come in and request action, but the hours are ticking.....

Last edited:
According to K&L Gates Law firm, "...a check of the court docket on PACER this morning shows nothing else filed before the July 12 deadline, including nothing from the DOL or any attempted intervenor on the Defendant’s side. So, unless there is a delayed upload of some document, it appears that no party seeks further relief and the case will be closed."

That's all, folks!

According to K&L Gates Law firm, "...a check of the court docket on PACER this morning shows nothing else filed before the July 12 deadline, including nothing from the DOL or any attempted intervenor on the Defendant’s side. So, unless there is a delayed upload of some document, it appears that no party seeks further relief and the case will be closed."

That's all, folks!

Another nail in the Obama era coffin. :yes:

(for some reason, OP's original link is dead)

Can someone verify this.

Ok...i'm not totally up on this rule, but i believe it had something to do with Insurance agents also being licensed to sell securities if they sold 'Annuities?"

Correct?

Ding Dong—the Fiduciary Rule Is Officially Dead

You may be confusing the DOL ruling with the old 151a from years ago.

This had to do with insurance agents being held to a fiduciary duty when selling annuities - including commission disclosures. The biggest problem would be the additional compliance costs as well as the real potential of being sued by voracious attorneys seeing a new target.

The spirit of the ruling wasn't in question - as it was geared towards "product pushers" as compared to those who do a comprehensive job of retirement income planning.

Ding Dong—the Fiduciary Rule Is Officially Dead

You may be confusing the DOL ruling with the old 151a from years ago.

This had to do with insurance agents being held to a fiduciary duty when selling annuities - including commission disclosures. The biggest problem would be the additional compliance costs as well as the real potential of being sued by voracious attorneys seeing a new target.

The spirit of the ruling wasn't in question - as it was geared towards "product pushers" as compared to those who do a comprehensive job of retirement income planning.

Yes...thank you DHK.

I mis-spoke, you are referring to same rule. SO, the 'fiduciary' requirement was not passed, nor the commission disclosures.

It was my understanding that many agent's were getting licensed as Registered Advisor (i think i got that part right), to be able to transfer funds and advise clients on a fee basis, only.

Correct me if i'm wrong and Thanks for your Input !

Back