Dinner Seminars for retirement

old rookie

Expert
I have not seen this question being asked lately:
With all the Secure Act news, do you feel that dinner Seminars for retirement ages is something that can be effective in today's market? Any recent experiences that anyone can/will share will be appreciated.

Caveat, not an agent.

If you have something to offer, why do you think the secure act would make any difference?

The Secure Act has been all over the news and therefore it could inspire some interest from 60 plus year old people to inquire about how it might affect them. I am looking to do either education workshops or dinner seminars discussing the roll over from qualified plans to Roth IRA plans. If any of you have current or past history with this I would appreciate any comments.

I am looking to do either education workshops or dinner seminars discussing the roll over from qualified plans to Roth IRA plans.
Herein lies the problem with dinner seminars and why regulators watch them so closely. You already have a solution to the attendees problems or needs that you dont know exist. Focus more on how you can offer something of value to the attendees & it might be more mutually beneficial for all parties

I have trouble resisting sales pitches and have trouble believing there is such a thing as a "free dinner", so I tend to avoid them. :laugh:

Maybe I'm not hungry enough!
Part time professional plate licker is a good side gig... :D

When they try and "get" you, just tell them you have no money - you are on welfare and medicaid... you just wanted to learn what the people with money are doing. :cool:

So far no one has indicated they have either success or failure doing dinner Seminars for retirement. My intention is to give people who are within 3-5 years from retiring or ones that have retired in that last few years with funds still in a qualified plan an option to convert to a Roth Plan.

So far no one has indicated they have either success or failure doing dinner Seminars for retirement. My intention is to give people who are within 3-5 years from retiring or ones that have retired in that last few years with funds still in a qualified plan an option to convert to a Roth Plan.

So, you want people that are still working to pay taxes to convert to Roth IRA while they're working for three to five years before they retire. That way they avoid taking money out after they retire in a likely lower tax brackets then they are currently in while working?

This sounds more like a commission idea than it does an educational resource for clients.

if they're that close to retirement, why not wait until they're retired to do the conversions when they no longer have W2 taxable income coming in

Back