Direct Appointments in South Louisiana

SJ Guidry

Hi to all I will be starting my P&C business in January of 2017 do you know of any carriers taking on startups? I heard Progressive and Citizens normally will accept just about anyone. Is my second best option using a wholesaler or broker

Hi to all I will be starting my P&C business in January of 2017 do you know of any carriers taking on startups? I heard Progressive and Citizens normally will accept just about anyone. Is my second best option using a wholesaler or broker

What all appointments have you obtained?

If you go with Citizens, be ready to deal with a website that looks like it was built by 5th graders.

HO3 admitted carrier appoints in S Louisiana are tough. However, commercial is mostly surplus and a lot easier to get started.

What part of South Louisiana do you plan on writing the majority of your business? And what is your niche going to be? If you are going to do commerical then you wont have any trouble getting with some GA's. Getting the admitted homeowners is a little bit more tricky especially if there are some existing agencies in the area that are producing at a high level.

If you can get just 1 admitted carrier for homeowners you could be in business. It might be difficult at first but all the marketing reps know each other and if you produce, word will spread quickly.

Back