Direct Bill Medicare Supplement

keith365

Super Genius
I know the persistency on direct bill supplements, but out of curiosity, do any insurers still offer monthly direct billing?

MoO does for a $2 monthly ding. Client has to call in and request it. At least that's how it used to be.

I see your in OH - Medical Mutual of Ohio also has Monthly direct bill, and yes, Anthem BC/BS (community insurance co) has direct bill monthly.

I might have 3 or 4 folks on direct bill. Most are quarterly, one pays annual.

When someone balks at a bank draft, which almost never happens, I tell them a true story about a client.

Last year I got a call from his ex-wife, inquiring about his Medigap and wanting to know if the premium had been paid for the month. I have known both of them for years and both have been clients going back before the divorce.

She told me George had a stroke and in a coma. She wanted to make sure his policy was still in force and how it was paid.

I told her his policy was on automatice BANK DRAFT and as long as there is money in the bank the policy will continue.

Two months later George had another stroke. He never came out of the coma from his first stroke. Had it not been for a family member, in this case ex-wife, checking on this for George it might have turned out differently if he was on a direct bill.

If someone is that adverse to bank draft tell them to open a separate account, preferably in another bank. I have a couple of folks that have done that. Used an account that is just for premium drafts.

Back