Direct Mail for newbs?

Willie2358

Expert
Ok so I have a question regarding direct mail tho it may be a stupid one I have looked up and down the forum and have found it a muddy subject. If I was to order direct mail do the returned cards come right to me? If I was looking to appeal to working class Americans from age 30 to 65 for term to may e be converted later who do I use? Is there a specific card? Are those leads then A leads owned by me or are they shared? How many mailers should a new part time agent (evening's and weekends) be sending out in direct mailers. Is there a way to target just my surroundings counties?

Thanks in advance.

I just have a hive mentality that amoung the many on insurance forums I can get great resources how ever unsavory some may be right lol.

If I was to order direct mail do the returned cards come right to me?.

Who else would they come to? Get a business reply mail permit and have the leads returned to your address.

If I was looking to appeal to working class Americans from age 30 to 65 for term to be converted later who do I use?

30 to 60 is too big of a target market, IMO. Your copy and creative will have to be too generic to be effective. Target a ten year age range, a tight income range and one gender at the most. I'd dial it in further, but that's a start.

How many mailers should a new part time agent (evening's and weekends) be sending out in direct mailers?

That depends on how many returns you'll get and what your CPA (cost per acquisition of a new client) is. You won't be able to answer those questions until you test.

How much time and money you have to invest are also factors.

Test different combinations of creatives and mailing list demographics. Use the smallest sample size that will give you meaningful data. When you find a winner scale slowly.

Is there a way to target just my surroundings counties?.

Any mailing list company will be able to help you with that.

If you're only working part-time, you can probably target a few towns or even just zip codes. Forget "surrounding counties" for now.

That will decrease your driving time, if you do F2F and thereby increase your efficiency.

I will definitely try that cause I drove 49 minutes this morning for my appointment to no show whom whom lol

Back