Direct Mail Leads Today

tonyb2005

Expert
my imo wants $34 a lead for fe direct mail leads it has to be on a weekly rolling order of a minimum of 10 per week is it worth it????????????????

my imo wants $34 a lead for fe direct mail leads it has to be on a weekly rolling order of a minimum of 10 per week is it worth it????????????????
This isn't the job to question or think. .. You just kinda have to do. Lol. 34$ for a good dm lead is fair.. The consensus on the forum is you have to have weekly lead orders to succeed and dm is mandatory. Good Luck. Btw need a lead is 29$ and lead connections is 30ish and some imos on here have leads for as low as 26.

Last edited:
This isn't the job to question or think. .. You just kinda have to do. Lol. 34$ for a good dm lead is fair.. The consensus on the forum is you have to have weekly lead orders to succeed and dm is mandatory. Good Luck. Btw need a lead is 29$ and lead connections is 30ish and some imos on here have leads for as low as 26.

I gotta disagree, it is a business and you have to think, plan, budget, learn, and then rethink everything again.

$34 for a DM lead is not a good deal, when every IMO in the biz offers $26 DM leads.

At that price if you spent $600 weekly you would get 17 leads.

At $26 per lead you get 23 leads.

That's 24 more leads per month for free.

That's 288 more leads per year.

If you sold 20% of them an average of $600 AP that would be $33,600 extra AP sold with no extra cost.

At that price if you spent $600 weekly you would get 17 leads.

At $26 per lead you get 23 leads.

That's 24 more leads per month for free.

That's 288 more leads per year.

If you sold 20% of them an average of $600 AP that would be $33,600 extra AP sold with no extra cost.

^^^^^^^ what he said ^^^^^^^^^ but that would mean you have to thing and question things.

:)

I gotta disagree, it is a business and you have to think, plan, budget, learn, and then rethink everything again.

$34 for a DM lead is not a good deal, when every IMO in the biz offers $26 DM leads.

Yes that is true, but you have to factor in if the agent "needs" or thinks they "need" age or income filters which drive up the price per lead with direct mail. I prefer to pay extra for an age filter but income I dont really worry about if I know the starting and cap that is standard on that. I think sometimes if the lead mentions "life insurance" can be a little more expensive too. I prefer those as well although I have gotten just good enough to be able to work leads without life insurance wording on them, for me its more about the area than the wording on the lead card, but my IMO has really good "life insurance" cards so I just roll with that.

My last hoorah made me think, plan, budget, learn...then I had to rethink everything again, glad to be back at home. Grass aint always greener;)

$26-$36 a lead is fair, depending on the variables.

There is a lot more that goes into an effective lead program beyond the price per lead:

1) Ability to generate leads with CONSISTENCY.
2) Ability to generate leads with QUALITY.

While sounding simple on the surface, underlying that is a complicated job of order management, agent management, and ongoing planning and problem solving.

Trust me, paying a low-ball price for leads may sound appealing, but if the lead house routinely screws up, can't get quality leads generated, and cannot be relied upon? You'll quickly discover the meaning of "you get what you pay for."

Point is not to call anyone out, but to recognize that paying a premium for quality service is paramount in this business - ESPECIALLY when leads are your life source (or, rather your crack addiction).

You can check out more about final expense direct mail leads as well as other final expense lead sources, pros and cons, and vendor reviews at my Final Expense YouTube channel here.

hey I get a few leads from you per month how much are your direct mail leads that say life insurance on them?

Yes that is true, but you have to factor in if the agent "needs" or thinks they "need" age or income filters which drive up the price per lead with direct mail. I prefer to pay extra for an age filter but income I dont really worry about if I know the starting and cap that is standard on that. I think sometimes if the lead mentions "life insurance" can be a little more expensive too. I prefer those as well although I have gotten just good enough to be able to work leads without life insurance wording on them, for me its more about the area than the wording on the lead card, but my IMO has really good "life insurance" cards so I just roll with that. My last hoorah made me think, plan, budget, learn...then I had to rethink everything again, glad to be back at home. Grass aint always greener;)

JG, what IMO do you run with ?

Back