Direct Mail Leads

HomeService

Guru
1000 Post Club
Austin, TX
Some of my best leads were direct reponse mailers, but that was twenty years ago. Any good luck lately with snail-mail, anybody? I am not a fan of telemarketed leads. The "doorhanger" thread got me thinking about this... how many of you folks are having luck with direct mail?

Some of my best leads were direct reponse mailers, but that was twenty years ago. Any good luck lately with snail-mail, anybody? I am not a fan of telemarketed leads. The "doorhanger" thread got me thinking about this... how many of you folks are having luck with direct mail?

What is it you are selling?

Direct mail seems to still work for the senior market. Can't say that it is effective for other lines.

One exception is health insurance. Locally, KP & BX do a lot of mailers. Of course they blanket the area on a regular basis.

So if you want to mail 50,000 pieces at a time . . .

I wonder if it would be an effective tool for a lead-in to telemarketing. Mail out 2,000, wait a few days, follow up with a call:

"John from ABC agency calling to follow up on the information we sent..."

I would guess most would say "yeah, I got that." Dunno - never tried it. That only way that would be beneficial to me is if it showed increased results over just calling.

Back