Direct Mail Leads

"What is it you are selling?"

Well, now, just limited/supplemental health and life. Final expense, mainly. I think direct mail may work for both of these.

Twenty years ago they were disability leads. Got me in the door for health and life. And, disability.

"What is it you are selling?"

Well, now, just limited/supplemental health and life. Final expense, mainly. I think direct mail may work for both of these.

Twenty years ago they were disability leads. Got me in the door for health and life. And, disability.

I did good using DM when selling final expense. Did good using Inserts in local papers doing final expense. When I was selling Final Expense via Settlers I always wrote enough so Settlers would pay all cost of DM and Inserts.

Direct mail is very expensive on a per lead basis, and response rate very low. Mail as a follow up to compliment existing efforts works extremely well - although it is labor intensive and insurance carriers give you limited (if any) good tools to work with. You spend half of your time prepping and removing their direct sales references off of the printed material.

James, I had to google search "Settlers", seems like they are in 16 states and TX is not one of them, so no wonder I had not heard of them.

At any rate, sometimes the companies provide the printing services for free, all you have to pay as an agent is postage, which does get high $$

I do believe snail mail still do generate some leads, but the current strategy is sending emails. It's cheaper and quite effective too.

Back