Direct Mail Leads

We suggest doing a direct mail drop, then follow up with phone calls. This has been very effective for us. We had a client Tim P. in CA who did that with us and wrote $34,000 AP in 2 weeks. He wrote his results here on the forum under I think, " Solid marketing platform for lead generation" This is why we started a direct mail company also. It is very effective to use direct mail then follow up with calls. It is not a cold call anymore. Meaning, they have something to relate the call to. Very effective!

I do believe it's more unethical than illegal, but it does make a sale.

It's the old, "It-All-Depends." Some emails may be considered spam (a no-no nuisance verging on unethical) and legitimate confirmed opt-in. For extra measure, the "double opt-in" (checking the subscriber's approval and then re-checking it again just to be sure. Here's what Wikipedia has to say about "bulk" or mass email:

"Confirmed opt-in (COI)
A new subscriber asks to be subscribed to the mailing list, but unlike unconfirmed opt-in, a confirmation e-mail is sent to verify it was really them. Many believe the person must not be added to the mailing list unless an explicit step is taken, such as clicking a special web link or sending back a reply e-mail. This ensures that no person can subscribe someone else out of malice or error. Mail system administrators and non-spam mailing list operators refer to this as confirmed subscription or closed-loop opt-in."

Just go here to read all about it: Opt in e-mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as direct mail before making a cold phone call, if you show it works, by all means keep doing it. In my experimenting, I noticed a common theme. My appointment ratio was the exact same whether or not I mailed the letter first.

"HomeService, are you still receiving any of those DI commissions?"

Nope. I was in NY then and moved to TX, did not keep my renewals. I switched companies anyway and was not vested. I do wonder how many are still on the books, though.

I am interested in the email marketing, who do you go through to obtain lists of people who might be interested in buying health insurance? And how much do they cost? Are you allowed to add filters so to speak, so you know which audience you are targeting? What company/s do you recommend?

Krooney -

I doubt such a list exists. If so, it would either be very expensive or totally out of date.

If that is your target prospect you will be better off buying internet leads.

I used to (drink the kool-aid) and purchase NAA's recycled leads. They were crap, in my experience and opinion. I have been working ACA direct mail leads for a few months now and they have proven to be much better. It seems that the mailer being used is harvesting a prospective client who is much more intelligent about the fact that they actually do need coverage, or even more coverage. Just my experience.

Latest posts

Back