Direct Mail Lists

jahyatt

Expert
I have been posting like crazy the last couple days and working non stop to implement the suggestions.

One more question, hopefully my last for the week.

For my commerical clients I have been mainly cold calling and doing well using that method, since I am focusing on a niche market.

I am trying to expand into personal; home, auto, life. I want to try a direct mail marketing approach along with the other things I have been doing in terms of marketing. What is the best source of a direct mail list? Where do you get such a thing?

I was out putting flyers into mailboxes last Saturday but the mailman yelled at me and told me that was illegal.....hahah...no wonder US mail is going out of business.

I think cold calling makes a lot of sense and yields a significantly higher ROI. Most companies that sell data all get it from the same vendor, the only difference for the most part is in the price and how well it's compiled.

A dumb question - how do you avoid getting the same names on your second batch of purchase over the same area with different filters?

Not a dumb question at all. Buy it from the same vendor and make sure they can filter it for you. Piece of cake.

You can also order by zip/county and use those as the way of getting the number of records you want and then pull the other counties when you're ready.

Last edited:
Back