Direct Mail - Postcard vs Letter

JJ2713

Guru
Just curious if you mail a postcard or letter?

What size postcard? 4x6, 5x7, 6x9, etc.?

A letter is a little more than double the price of a 4x6 postcard, but you can obviously write more in the letter.

Do you mail more than once to the same list? Mix it up with postcards and letters?

The more you write does not equal more responses. Also, the fancier the letter does not equal more responses.

You will get way more responses with a generic card that your mailing House already has.
If you make a “happy birthday now you’re starting medicare...I’m here to help” type of letter, you may get less responses but those responses will be easier to set an appt

Just try not to look like everything else that comes in the mail. Be different. I have had some great success this year with doing my own mailer, but unfortunately my boss (me) wont let me share any of my secrets on the forum. :(

Don’t want the secret but are you mailing t65’s?

Don’t want the secret but are you mailing t65’s?
Yes.....

I want the secret, but understand why it's not going to be given out.

Yeah, i know, it's just too risky anymore. I mean look at how the telemarketing business has been over run with agents bc we share too much. Everyone is buying telemarketers, using lists from the same source, and calling the same people. And then there's the robo calls and ringless voicemails to make it worse.

Anyhow, I used the help of a graphic designer, and some guesswork. I'm sure my piece could be better, or different and get results. Just gotta find a system and go to work.

I just received a piece of mail which is evidently trying to be both. (Except for these types of discussions, I would have dumped it in the shred box unopened.)

It is a window envelope with a preprinted KsCity bulk mailing permit and marked

IMPORTANT 2019 Medicare Changes.

Inside is a postcard (A Red, White and Blue postcard!) which returns to a Lenexa address.
(And it is setting me up for an MAPD pitch if I return it.)

It is a sickness really all this mailings. People bring to me piles of mails and cards, and they are so confused, they even can't recognise their original medicare card in between all this spam. Educational and consultative approach will give back the most. If you can express this approaches on your mailings, it will work.

Last edited:
Back