Direct Mail to T65? Worth it??

shawnhersh

Expert
I'm from Ohio, not allowed to cold call or door knock. I am captive through UHC. I have a fairly healthy book with DSNP clients, but feeling a little burnt out there, plus retention has been challenging lately.

I am looking to market to T65, maybe 6 months before their birthday, send post cards leading up. I pulled data from InfoUSA and my county averages about 400-500 people turning 65 per month. Does this seem like an effective strategy? Would it even make a dent with the amount of mail/information someone already receives when they're turning 65?

Leads outside of AEP are scarce right now, and quite honestly the leads we do get aren't really any good. Any advice? Lead generation? Growth? I would cold call all day long but not an option for me. Thanks!

You’ll get better numbers doing 6,7 and 8 months out. They will get your card 3x.
I stopped doing DM this year but it was still worth it. I averaged about 3% response using those months.

Just make sure you have a good follow up system in place. 8 month out clients I would see right away, call to check up on them 6-8 weeks later and then the month before their 3 month window.
I spent about $1k month and brought in 3-4K from them alone.

I'm from Ohio, not allowed to cold call or door knock. I am captive through UHC. I have a fairly healthy book with DSNP clients, but feeling a little burnt out there, plus retention has been challenging lately.

I am looking to market to T65, maybe 6 months before their birthday, send post cards leading up. I pulled data from InfoUSA and my county averages about 400-500 people turning 65 per month. Does this seem like an effective strategy? Would it even make a dent with the amount of mail/information someone already receives when they're turning 65?

Leads outside of AEP are scarce right now, and quite honestly the leads we do get aren't really any good. Any advice? Lead generation? Growth? I would cold call all day long but not an option for me. Thanks!

I’ve done mail outs to T65’s for several years now. From 3-6 months out from effective date. A 1% return rate would be good for me and this is within 30 miles of me.

Found a different way to make more money without outbound calls. I hated making those calls
I know a couple people doing educational/sales events. How do you advertise the events? How often are you putting them on, once a month?

I know a couple people doing educational/sales events. How do you advertise the events? How often are you putting them on, once a month?
Seminars in my opinion are the best lead source. Clients are open to working g with you after they have seen your presentation, you just need a system to follow and follow up. We do seminars or have been doing them for 10 years. We also talk about income and social security and annuitities. Much better then cold calling .

Seminars in my opinion are the best lead source. Clients are open to working g with you after they have seen your presentation, you just need a system to follow and follow up. We do seminars or have been doing them for 10 years. We also talk about income and social security and annuitities. Much better then cold calling .
There are so many ways to operate your business that works. Different strokes for different folks. :yes:

Back