Direct Mail

somarco said:
I used a professional mail service

How do you know they mailed out ALL the pieces? Do you have a receipt from the USPS verifying this?

I don't know if he mailed them all. Is there a way to find out? No, I don't have a receipt from the post office.

James said:
dvd493 said:
somarco said:

How do you know they mailed out ALL the pieces? Do you have a receipt from the USPS verifying this?

I don't know if he mailed them all. Is there a way to find out? No, I don't have a receipt from the post office.

Ask for it.

The post office didn't do the mailing. A professional mail service did. I dropped everything off to them and they took care of it.

dvd493 said:
James said:
dvd493 said:
somarco said:

Ask for it.

The post office didn't do the mailing. A professional mail service did. I dropped everything off to them and they took care of it.

Many professional mail service gives a reciept generated by the post office as proof that they mailed the mailing.

john_petrowski said:
***, for $4,000 you can hire a telemarketing agency. You can even hire them for a trial run for about $500. Go here: http://www.quotecatcher.com/Site/Quote/MarketingAdvertising/Telemarketing.aspx?sid=1&kid=112 and your phone will light up like a switchboard with companies making you offers.

The only problem you'll find is they have minimum requirements to take on a campaign - say 50 hours. You'd better darned well be ready to handle that many leads because the girls who call are pros.

The largest cost, however, is lead lists. Say you buy a trial campaign of 50 hours. The marketers can make 40 call per hour so you'd need a list of 2,000 names.

If you want to go this route here's questions to ask:

1) Are the telemarketers US-based? Be careful because unless you ask the marketers are from the Phillipines or India.

2) Can I listen in on the calls? Some are set up for this, some are not.

3) What quality control measures do I have? Is there a manager assigned to my account?

I actually would like to give this a shot myself.

Have you had a chance to check into this and give it a try?

-J.R.

I havn't yet but I'm sure I will. I'm still working through the leads that came in on the mailer. My latest count is 63 as of yesterday. This month has interupted a lot of the calls for obvious reasons.

Tough way to go... just call 'em up and SAY you sent 'em a letter/postcard, etc.... but if you're hellbent on sending something... MAKE IT VERY UNIQUE AND UNUSUAL..... the USPS will allow you to MAIL ANYTHING...... I actually mailed a piece of wood to a lumber company to get their attention..... it worked.

I have been sending out 6,000-8,000 mailers a month for several years for Mortgage Protection. My rate of return is the same for the postcard as it is for the letter with a return envelop. But, the COST IS HALF. i use is a 4 x 6 white postcard inserted in a #7 envelop with a window to show the
name and address of the recipient. Nothing on the envelop. Like everyone else, my response rate has dropped significantly over the last couple of years (do-not-call list has created more junk mail). I now get
.7% in the Los Angeles market. I pay 35 cents per mailer including postage which is a fantastic deal. Shop for a good printer. The average is one sale per 10 replies from agents I spoke with throughout the country. Premiums will depend on location. Home is L.A. are more expensive than some other areas so insurance and premiums will be higher. But, higher mortgage payments and higher premiums mean harder selling. Good luck. email if you need any further advice:
[email protected]

I sell MP too. I buy MP leads with guarantees. I usually buy 30 leads per month. Instead of doing 1k piece mailings. The response rate has gone way down. So I would rather pay a few extra bucks for guarantees. Also, to generate leads I have just begun to cold call new mortgages and refi's. These people get so many letters they don't know whats what. And it's free....

Back