Direct Marketing Guru's

Tx249

Expert
For you that do your own lead marketing, any tips on the best way to go about this?

Where do you get your mailing list?

What are normal printing cost involved to get your direct pieces printed?

Do you use postage paid return mail, or do you make them put a stamp on it?

What about bulk mail rates when you send them out? I understand some Chambers of Commerce will let you use their bulk mail permits if you are a member. Know anything about that?

Anything else?

Figure out ways to generate your own lists when possible. They'll be small, but more importantly they're free, and generally more accurate. Then just pick up the phone. I do very little direct mail marketing. VERY little. The only direct mail I do is when I know I have a great prospect, but can't get them on the phone; I'll go ahead and send a personalized letter. My rate of return is still very low on that, but I've gotten a few.

As far as direct mail goes... cost is generally around $300 - 400 for a thousand piece mailer from what I understand. Again, I don't use it. I know there are a couple of guys in here that have some decently successful mail campaigns.

Best thing to do, is get a list and start pounding the phone. It's bar none the absolute most effective.

Back