Direct payment med supps

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
forgive me for my ignorance but 99% of my med supps are with AARP UHC who allows a direct bill to the client.

But today I was doing an Aetna Med Supp and when it got to the payment section, the client freaked about auto withdrawal. I talked it over for a bit and said I would look around to see who else accepts direct billing or Credit Card.
Do you know who does?

And second question, I rarely do a trial right, but she was on a mapd since she T65’d April 2017. So with this app she is guaranteed acceptance. Does Aetna only pay like 0-5% for Trial right commission ?

I rarely write an Aetna Health * Life app and can't recall if they offer direct bill or not. I did find out they allow "bill pay".

Most carriers will allow direct bill on a quarterly basis.

Bankers Fidelity offers direct monthly bill. So does BX.

And in GA AHL pays 0.5% for GI. Probably same in other states. No idea how they handle Aetna, CLI or ACL.

Isn't that special?

written quite a bit for aetna over the years ahlic, cli, aci. The last I checked which was quite a while ago, the company will allow them to pay monthly direct bill but will not send them a bill. It's completely on the applicant to keep it in force by sending a monthly check. Worth a call to double check if that's still the case.

Every state I write in, they've reduced commissions on GI to pretty much nothing.

ON the CC note Medico offers CC payments. You can do on their My Enroller. Premiums are a tad more but some clients like to get their points.

does she qualify through underwriting if so go that route or most likely no compensation for GI. no need to use this if she is healthy. I believe equitable does a direct bill honestly most of the players other than Blue Cross or AARP do not. tell them to choose quarterly billing and you just have to tell the client is that option worth not getting a better plan or new rate, leave the choice in her hands typically they back down. You do not make the rules, and honestly a direct bill monthly is unwise as that is 12 chances a year her payment could get lost in the mail and premium not paid. once you lose a plan like it can be hard to get back or even impossible.

Thanks guys! I ended up going back and answering the health questions because she only takes one bp med and answers no to all questions.

She also decided to open up a second bank account and just leave enough for her med supp.

I didn't see anywhere to select direct bill. I'm about to do another Aetna this moment online, so I'll check.

BTW I love that Aetna runs cheaper in a lot of areas in FL than UHC. More commission and I can do the online app.

Wait till you hear Aetna's phone interview... It's really something else lol.

I don't think I'll actually ever hear it but I had a client call me after she did hers a few days ago and she didn't complain.

I did a New era life yesterday in Iowa. Damn! I wish we had them in Fl. The questions seemed pretty easy to pass.

Back