Disability For Individuals Or Small Business

aacards8

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone specialize in writing disability with individuals or small businesses? I heard Principal and Assurity are good carriers for this. Any thoughts??

Re: Disability

Guardian has the best disability product on the individual market. Principal and Standard have some good products too, but a lot of it comes down to underwriting, the person's occupation, where they work, etc. The Protector Platinum from Standard is about as close to Guardian's policy as it gets, but it's not available in all states. Their older product (Protector Plus) is not as good. Assurity is good for blue-collar types that the "top tier" companies won't take.

Don't forget about Union Central. They are one of the most solid Disability carriers for professionals.

Gilmore, mostly independent contractor types, like hair stylists, realtors, etc.

I know Principal has a simplified UW DI product up to $2500 I believe. Assurity I found is kind of tough unless they're white collar.

Thx everyone!

You might not find a market for those types of occupations that an underwriter deems to review in a positive light.

DI is a great product, but good DI is a hard to place product. You might find yourself all sorts of prospects, but no place to put them.

Anyone specialize in writing disability with individuals or small businesses? I heard Principal and Assurity are good carriers for this. Any thoughts??

You really need to work with a DI brokerage if you're new at it. Very different from life insurance.

Back