Disability Income Insurance

I am an insurance broker, who specializes in fixed annuities.

YES: I have closed some great deals, and small ones too.

However, in a professional effort to secure more business, I have decided to cross sell some other lines of insurance.

Obviously, I sell Term Life, and have carefully selected just a few carriers to represent. This is a great way to cross sell.

RECENTLY: I just educated myself on DI.
I like Illinois Mutual.
They have been very nice to work with and I truly like their DI products.

Individual DI

ST Disability: Worksite & Workplace

Business Expense DI: This is a great product.
Offers business owners coverage towards their business operating expenses, during a partial or total disability. ( Up to 10K per month :
watch your occupational classes for exceptions.)

Supplemental DI

Anyone looking to sell DI: Should take a look at getting appointed with
Illinois Mutual. I very rarely endorse carriers, but here is a good one !

so you are your own teacher....is that not like the blind leading the blind.....

Some of the greatest geniuses of history have been self taught, such as Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni or Michelangelo as in the painter, sculptor etc etc. I even think Thomas Jefferson was in a lot of ways self taught.

So what is your problem?

DI is all in the definitions. Doesn't matter what the price is if the definition gets in the way of payments. It is one of the harder sells out there as the really good stuff is the most expensive.

I'm not familiar with Ill mutual, but I might take a look.

DI is all in the definitions. Doesn't matter what the price is if the definition gets in the way of payments. It is one of the harder sells out there as the really good stuff is the most expensive.

I'm not familiar with Ill mutual, but I might take a look.

DI is without a doubt a complicated product, esp. when you take into account "Disability Definition", as in "Own Occupation", but no fear, blue collar will not have "Own Occupation" either way! Even if a truck driver could afford it, he will not qualify for OC because of his occupation.

Generally speaking, DI will cost 1-3% of a wage owners paycheck for a decent policy covering Blue Collar or most of the Middle Class people.

Back