Disability Question

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
Haven't sold DI in years. Have a client who is 45 just emailed me who just started a business wants 12K a month through age 67 with a catastrophic disability rider. I used to sell Illinois mutual but they only go up to 10K. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Haven't sold DI in years. Have a client who is 45 just emailed me who just started a business wants 12K a month through age 67 with a catastrophic disability rider. I used to sell Illinois mutual but they only go up to 10K. Can someone point me in the right direction?
What kind of business and what was he doing previously? New business owners can be difficult to insure.

Most major carriers will go to 15-20k, with IM being the exception, not the rule.

The client’s industry will help us find the best carrier fit.

Also, if the client was in the same industry, but just started his own business the carriers will often allow you to use a portion of their old income to get you to the 12K your looking for. Other carriers will be harder because the business is less than 1 years old.

If you can tell me the industry I can tell you what carrier(s) would be a good fit.

Latest posts

Back