Disabled American Veteran

"If you're a Vet, you're much better off using USAA for your term. They have decent WL too."
Have fun trying to get the case (approved) through USAA underwriting. Better pricing elsewhere too.

Yeah I was just saying in general. Not this particular case. Your right though.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
On the other hand "disabled" takes on a whole new meaning when your talking VA. I know plenty of guys with disability ratings well over 50% that would easily qualify for preferred plus with all the big carriers.

Last edited:
Here it is not great not too bad:

http://benefits.va.gov/BENEFITS/factsheets/burials/Burial.pdf

HOW MUCH DOES VA PAY?

Non-service-Related Death.

For deaths on or after October 1, 2011, VA will pay up to $700.00
toward burial and funeral expenses (if hospitalized by VA at time of death), or $300 toward burial and
funeral expenses (if not hospitalized by VA at time of death), and a $700.00 plot-interment allowance
(if not buried in a national cemetery).

For deaths on or after December 1, 2001, but before October 1, 2011 VA will pay up to $300.00 toward burial and funeral expenses and a $300.00 plot-interment
allowance. The plot-interment allowance is $150.00 for deaths prior to December 1, 2001. If the
death happened while the Veteran was in a VA hospital or under VA contracted nursing home care,
some of all of the costs for transporting the Veteran’s remains may be reimbursed. An annual
increase in burial and plot allowances, for deaths occurring after October 1, 2011, begins in fiscal year
2013 based on the Consumer Price Index for the preceding 12-month period.

is anyone having a problem with the above link? It keeps downloading on my phone. everytime I deleted, it download the again.

Thanks for the help guys. Going to go try and get this guy taken care of next week!

Doesn't look like much action has taken place on this general subject on the Forum, for about eight months or so.
My message below is a different from those relative to the health coverage issues that were discussed here but I hope that you will keep this in mind:

I recently volunteered to assist the following non-profit organization - Disabled Veterans Insurance Careers (DVIC) Website - dvic.us

The program involves hiring and training our physically disabled Military Services Veterans to become Account Executives, initially to cross-sell personal lines products for specific agencies. The Vets will work from their homes, utilizing ‘very warm leads’, i.e. from existing client files. No cold-calling.
While the current hiring focus is Chicago, Ft. Myers, FL & Seattle, the plan is for further expansion into other States. The main need now is for interested Physically Disabled Vets candidates in these three Cities.

If you have any network connections that might assist in the dissemination of this message, your efforts will be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, if you can support this great cause or if you know someone who would like to support our efforts, please contact us at the dvic.us website or contact our CEO, LTC Gary Bryant, USArmy (RET.) at 239-209-1479 or email: [email protected]

Thank you.
Phil Tuccy, DVIC Regional Director

Just for clarity, are you getting paid or receive any compensation from this?

I have a special place in my heart for Vets and am happy to support legit causes. However, there are a lot of organizations set up to profit off of them more than help them. So Just need to know where you are coming from.

Lee

Doesn't look like much action has taken place on this general subject on the Forum, for about eight months or so.
My message below is a different from those relative to the health coverage issues that were discussed here but I hope that you will keep this in mind:

I recently volunteered to assist the following non-profit organization - Disabled Veterans Insurance Careers (DVIC) Website - dvic.us

The program involves hiring and training our physically disabled Military Services Veterans to become Account Executives, initially to cross-sell personal lines products for specific agencies. The Vets will work from their homes, utilizing ‘very warm leads’, i.e. from existing client files. No cold-calling.
While the current hiring focus is Chicago, Ft. Myers, FL & Seattle, the plan is for further expansion into other States. The main need now is for interested Physically Disabled Vets candidates in these three Cities.

If you have any network connections that might assist in the dissemination of this message, your efforts will be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, if you can support this great cause or if you know someone who would like to support our efforts, please contact us at the dvic.us website or contact our CEO, LTC Gary Bryant, USArmy (RET.) at 239-209-1479 or email: [email protected]

Thank you.
Phil Tuccy, DVIC Regional Director

Back