Disabled Prospect Wants MAPD

eagles12

Expert
I was contacted through referral by an individual who told me he is on full disability from the state. He turns 65 in three months. When I met with him , he told me he paid nothing for Dr Visits or prescriptions. He has an MA for PDP.

He would be out-of-network for his PCP with the plan(a PPO) I recommended. He primarily wants the plan for it's "0" cost health club membership .
He is not a dual eligible person either.
What would you do? Thanks.

Well to start with I wouldn't recommend a plan that doesn't have his doctor in-network. What health (not PDP) coverage is he on right now?

I was contacted through referral by an individual who told me he is on full disability from the state. He turns 65 in three months. When I met with him , he told me he paid nothing for Dr Visits or prescriptions. He has an MA for PDP.

He would be out-of-network for his PCP with the plan(a PPO) I recommended. He primarily wants the plan for it's "0" cost health club membership .
He is not a dual eligible person either.
What would you do? Thanks.

just because he is T65 doesn't mean he needs to change his MAPD plan- especially if his doctors accept his current plan.If he still wants to change just for the free gym membership than I would call the doctors office and make sure they are willing to accept the plan OON and fully explain that he may have to pay 30-50% for some additional services received at OON PCP

he's on state assistance. His PDP is with Humana. according to him he's not on an MA plan. Also, this is being written by as a T65 three months out.

he's on state assistance. His PDP is with Humana. according to him he's not on an MA plan. Also, this is being written by as a T65 three months out.

You did state originally that he was on an MA plan for PDP. I would bet he is on Medicare and Medicaid, which pretty much takes care of everything except very small copays for his meds.

He is on medicare and pays no copays for pcp? so if he is on just a pdp then he must have medicaid or if he doesn't have medicaid he has a humana mapd that covers his pcp for o copay. Not sure i would advise to switch for a free gym membership if he has to see his pcp oon.

He could be dual eligible and on a Humana SNP MAPD. Ask to see their card or have them read the info off their card to you ( at least the bottom right that starts with CMS)

Back