NT
6 ft 2
345 lbs
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Clinical MS
$177,000 mortgage
30 year term

Last edited:
Need more info on the MS - how long ago was the client diagnosed? How progressed is the disease? What're the past and current courses of treatment? What's planned? What's the prognosis?

For the PTSD, any psych hospitalizations or suicide attempts?

Sensitive info, I know - please feel free to email me if you'd rather not discuss out in the open. I'm at [email protected].

Hey everyone,

This is a tuff one.
Male
45 yo
NT
6 ft 2
345 lbs
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Clinical MS
$177,000 mortgage
30 year term

Are you an agent of an individual looking for coverage?
I might be able to help depending on the condition of the MS. But this wont be a cheap policy at all...

Are you in Haywood county?

6'2" 345 is probably in the Table 4 range by itself. MS is potentially a standard depending on treatment and the current condition. PTSD is usually Table 4-10 range by itself and will be very hard to get issued fully underwritten in combination with the other things mentioned. Much will be dependent on the psych history, treatment, meds, and hospitalization/suicide attempts.

I went through a similar case last year and even with normal height/weight and no other meds, I was told they would be looking at a absolute best case Table 4-6. Being on disability due to PTSD is probably an almost guaranteed decline. Doesn't he have any Veteran's Group Life Insurance?

Additional info:

Ms diagnosis 1986
Infernon shots weekly
PTSD diagnosis 2003
No hospitalization or suicide attempts
Disabled due to the condition
Medication Deodon and Cymbalta

Being disabled due to the PTSD is probably a decline in itself with most companies....adding in the other conditions and he doesn't look like a very good risk for an insurance company on paper. Who knows what lurks in his medical records too.

Have you tried to shop it with a GA yet?
Does he not have any Veterans Group Life Insurance?
If he's on disability, how much can he afford to pay for the coverage? Even if he could get it, obviously it won't be cheap.

Back