Discount Cards

If you run the numbers, most dental discount cards are not worth it either.

If someone has an immediate need (such as a crown) the numbers might work but a dentist willing to take a discount card is just as willing to discount for cash payment. Which, if you read the disclaimer, the discounts are not applied if you can't pay at the time of service.

You can also find dentists that are not in network willing to work with you in exchange for cash if you ask.

I have sold Ameriplan's card for 10 years. The first 2 years my family & I saved over $3,000.00 without begging a dentist for a discount.

Early on I had a lady call me needing work done at an oral surgeons. The wanted about 150.00 just to examine her, which she did not have. We put her on our plan for $31.95 using a friends credit card. She went back to the same office & got taken care of for under a 100.00.

She called 3 times thanking me!

The dentist's were unwilling to cut her a deal, but they were willing to honor our contract. Real compassionate folks.

I have a Private Label deal that gets me the same products as Careington Total Care plus some additional benefits.

Basic Card - $49 setup + $49 a month retail.

Premier Card - $99 setup + $99 a month retail. Has a few more bangs for the buck + an underwritten $5k Accident Plan attached.

I don't retail them anymore - but will offer a wholesale deal to interested agents.

100 cards - 50% off setup and monthly fee. Pay only the setup portion upfront - the rest weekly upon activation.

I will handle the billing for 10% - or - bill them yourself.

Not available in FL or SC.

Tom

So you're saying that you don't have to sell anything? Just instruct clients to offer cash?

I know of a dentist in my area that takes cash for crowns, and gives discounts, and it ends up costing less than what the insured would have paid in deductible or co-pay { group insurance} because he wants no part of the insurance. These are people who have group insurance at my wife's work, who go to him, so I know he is not just doing it for uninsured. He does it for cash instead of taking the insurance, because he hates dealing with insurance. I guess. No discount plan required. They just ask him to do it -and he accepts cash and discounts it, and he does it for them.

I also know two doctors who tell me they would much rather deal directly with the client and with cash- but I never asked them about discount plans. And, they say it would be much cheaper and easier and discounted- if no insurance is involved.

I would not waste my time selling these type of products.
From what I have seen they are using weak networks.
I also heard that the doctors are making these card holder pay the claim up front and then wait for reimbursement.

Anyone else hearing that?

I also heard that the doctors are making these card holder pay the claim up front and then wait for reimbursement.

First Health & Multi Plan are not weak at all.

And so what if the doctor charges up front, the reimbursement is $75 or $100 in top tier plans. At least you get it back.

And major medical charges up front (in premium) and the at the doctor (the co pay).

What's the difference other than perspective?

Personally, I would never go by what I hear, if that was the case I wouldn't have gotten into the insurance industry.

what if the doctor charges up front, the reimbursement is $75 or $100 in top tier plans. At least you get it back.

Get it back from who?

The doc?

Ha, ha, ha, ha . . . .

Like that is going to happen.

No, not the doctor, it comes from the insured benefits.

Not on a discount plan.

There are no insured benefits.

Now if you are selling AIG Value Plan . . . .

Ha, ha, ha, ha . . ..

Back