Discussion to assist in understanding concepts for P&C Exam (GA)

terrificterror

Hello, I'm currently studying for my P&C license exam in GA. I'm taking my course through Kaplan Financial because the agent who hired me recommended it.

The course has been pretty awful, with a lot of contradictory and confusing information. I've pointed this out to their instructors/editors and get messages back saying "something will be done". At this point, I'm too far into the course to start over because I wouldn't have time to cram all of the information in and understand it before my exam in 2 weeks.

I have worked in insurance before as a licensed customer service rep so I do have a vague understanding of some of the concepts, but nothing I was doing before was this in depth because we always had the option to call and speak with the actual insurance company and ask questions of the underwriters. But it seems as though some information is presented poorly or just left out.

With the poorly presented info, I think it might be helpful to be able to speak with someone to get a better understanding. Sometimes it can be helpful to have someone else's eyes look over something or to bounce thoughts off of someone.

The unit that I am on right now is understanding homeowners basics. I've already gone through basics of property, casualty, liability, and dwelling forms.

I'd be grateful if it weren't an issue to post any questions I have here or to actually start a chat with someone to be able to discuss things I'm having issues with.

Thank you!

Buy Property and Casualty Exam Secrets by Mometrix on Amazon.com. The online pre licensing seems overwhelming on the information and jumbled up. This book helps simplify. Good luck.

I'm primarily Commercial lines these days, but I actually taught PL CE and Pre-licensing in a past life. Please feel free to message me your questions, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Good luck!

Back