Dividend-paying WL

Which would be better for cash accumulation, participating wl or a iul?

To expand what has already been said. They certainly compete with one another for this purpose. IUL tends to be the better of the two choices when the outlay is large and the death benefit is of relatively little importance (you can generally get IUL to accumulate significant cash if the death benefit is set to the TAMRA or TEFRA/DEFRA minimum (you have to go with the higher of the two so as not to violate the other one). You'd then make use of the Guideline Premium Test.

If death benefit is a playing a crucial role in the planned design, it's tough to get IUL to look good cash and distribution wise against blended whole life.

Best bet is to look at both for all situations and go with the better looking of the two.

It's perhaps important to mention that risk profile is important. IUL is riskier than whole life (though not by much). For this there is higher potential reward. Whole life still wins the risk adjusted rate of return fight, but this doesn't mean it should be chosen for that reason.

scagnt83 said:
x2

A one trick pony is called a pony because it hasnt grown up yet.

That doesn't make sense.

Ponies are always ponies aren't they? They don't grow up into horses.

What would you recommend for a child or grandchild? And how much premium are you allowed to pay into that type of policy? Is there a limit and if there is what do they base that on?

usakr said:
What would you recommend for a child or grandchild? And how much premium are you allowed to pay into that type of policy? Is there a limit and if there is what do they base that on?

You can design the policy around the dollar commitment.

This questions is a lot like my coming to you and asking: how much does $500,000 worth of term insurance cost?

There's no one carrier that is best for all juvenile cases. Also, depending on the actual strategy behind owning life insurance here certain carriers will be better than others.

This questions is a lot like my coming to you and asking: how much does $500,000 worth of term insurance cost?

There's no one carrier that is best for all juvenile cases. Also, depending on the actual strategy behind owning life insurance here certain carriers will be better than others.

The strategy would be cash accumulation for the child's future. Let's say I determine that I wish to invest 100 grand into an iul. The software determines I need x amount of death benefit. Let's say I want to funnel that cash in as quick as I can without violating the seven-pay test. Would that much premium paid in that quickly be allowable on the life of a 10 year old?
I appreciate the responses.

Back