DM Companies. Kramer Direct Vs Lead Connection Vs ...

First off. You didn't order 1,000 leads. You mailed 1,000 mail pieces. Second. You got a 1.2% response rate, which just about average for a direct mail campaign. Third. What products do you sell? Fourth. What mailer did you mail? Fifth. Where did you mail? Sixth. What is your normal response in the same type of mailer AND why did you 'switch' it up if they were so good?

I said I had more success with a different company, nowhere in my post did I mention another company being "so good". I was sure my comment would generate some fuel for an ego/pissing contest as a lot of people like LC here, I just wasn't impressed with the experience.

I said I had more success with a different company, nowhere in my post did I mention another company being "so good". I was sure my comment would generate some fuel for an ego/pissing contest as a lot of people like LC here, I just wasn't impressed with the experience.

No pissing contest. I haven't used them in almost a year...I was looking for answers to my questions to evaluate your opinion of them.

I ordered 1000 leads from LC a while back, the gentleman I spoke with (I assume he was the owner) was really helpful and responded immediately to my questions, however, out of those 1000 I only ended up getting around 12 leads back. I asked the gentleman if this kind of return was normal, if maybe I picked a bad area, I wasn't sure, all I know is from past experiences sending 1000 leads produced far more than 12 replies. All he said in reply was that "leads come in over a period of time". I don't doubt that others have had a good experience with LC, however after my experience I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Are you really making a judgement off of 1 drop? That's not how a direct mail campaign works...

The problem with dropping 1000 mailers and I've seen it posted in the forums before is that you never really know if they are mailing out the full 1000. Since the final expense expectations are about a 1.2% return who's to say they aren't dropping 800 or 900 in a hot area?
I'd rather go with pre paid where you know what you are going to get. Does Kramer offer prepaid?
If so how much do they cost?

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

I Just get 30 leads back from the same money
over and over again and so do my agents. No
mystery there

I ordered 1000 leads from LC a while back, the gentleman I spoke with (I assume he was the owner) was really helpful and responded immediately to my questions, however, out of those 1000 I only ended up getting around 12 leads back. I asked the gentleman if this kind of return was normal, if maybe I picked a bad area, I wasn't sure, all I know is from past experiences sending 1000 leads produced far more than 12 replies. All he said in reply was that "leads come in over a period of time". I don't doubt that others have had a good experience with LC, however after my experience I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

The problem with ordering a Thousand piece mail drop is that you don't know if 5 other agency's just dropped in the exact same area. Just not enough for any sort of reasonable sample size.

I'm also curious as to why you would call the "gentleman" back and ask if your returns were normal since your experience with another vendor concluded that your returns were Not normal.

Would love to hear of the company that you could recommend as I am always trying new vendors!

Direct mail is all about consistency, connecting on a personal level with the potential client, and your list. The one thing out of your control is your list unless you are doing the lead generating yourself through a website, local contacts (dealerships, real estate/mortgage agents, etc). Most people are buying their lists. This means if you are in a saturated market you are mailing to a list that dozens of agents are mailing to. It's imperative to stand out through consistency and personalization to have a successful campaign.

So I ordered a 1,000 piece Med Sup mailer from Lead Connections about 3 weeks ago. Exactly 10 leads in so far, I'm guessing a few more will come in as well since the last email from them had 6 out of those 10 and I'd think the responses would come in as more of a bell curve than a ramp.

I have a question on my script though. Several of the people who mailed in deny/don't seem to remember filling out the card and want to get off the phone really quickly. I was naively hoping these leads would be a bit warmer with the type of criteria I used and based on how warm my agency med sup mailer leads are. What's the best way to start the conversation with these leads?

Back