DM Companies. Kramer Direct Vs Lead Connection Vs ...

So I ordered a 1,000 piece Med Sup mailer from Lead Connections about 3 weeks ago. Exactly 10 leads in so far, I'm guessing a few more will come in as well since the last email from them had 6 out of those 10 and I'd think the responses would come in as more of a bell curve than a ramp.

I have a question on my script though. Several of the people who mailed in deny/don't seem to remember filling out the card and want to get off the phone really quickly. I was naively hoping these leads would be a bit warmer with the type of criteria I used and based on how warm my agency med sup mailer leads are. What's the best way to start the conversation with these leads?

I start out by thanking them for responding to my mailer and verifying the info. on the card. There's no way for them to tell you you're making shitt up when you have the card, and identifying information that they personally filled out.

I start out by thanking them for responding to my mailer and verifying the info. on the card. There's no way for them to tell you you're making shitt up when you have the card, and identifying information that they personally filled out.

Great approach and it works:yes:

That's the approach I was using. "Hi this is Eric with xyz, I'm calling because I just received your request for information on saving money on your medicare supplement policy"

At this point most of the people who have answered the phone have either hung up or interrupted me to say they didn't request info.

Then I usually say something like "Oh I must have the wrong person, is (name on card) home?"

"Yeah that's me"

Then they continue to deny that they filled out the card...

Small sample size so far but my DM leads I get through my agency have never been this cold.

I guess I'll try changing up the first bit so that it includes an actual thank you.

Just thought I would throw my experience out there. I decided to try some different marketing things with the extra money I had floating around after a solid AEP.

So, I ordered some Target Leads T65 mailers though Travis Buck. He is a super nice guy and easy to deal with. (I like dealing through email as I talk to enough people through the day). I sent about 300 to rural counties in northwest TN and about 600 to Southeast Indiana.

I had a much stronger response in Indiana than TN. I am not sure why, but other people have said marketing in TN is expensive. My Dad is an old school Medicare Supplement guy and he told me that Tennesee is a horse of a different color. Anyway, I am working these now, and I will update you on closing rate.

So far I have only had one that was dual eligible Medicaid/Medicare.

JC

Just thought I would throw my experience out there. I decided to try some different marketing things with the extra money I had floating around after a solid AEP.

So, I ordered some Target Leads T65 mailers though Travis Buck. He is a super nice guy and easy to deal with. (I like dealing through email as I talk to enough people through the day). I sent about 300 to rural counties in northwest TN and about 600 to Southeast Indiana.

I had a much stronger response in Indiana than TN. I am not sure why, but other people have said marketing in TN is expensive. My Dad is an old school Medicare Supplement guy and he told me that Tennesee is a horse of a different color. Anyway, I am working these now, and I will update you on closing rate.

So far I have only had one that was dual eligible Medicaid/Medicare.

JC

Only two things us TN boys don't trust: Yankees and insurance agents... and definitely not Yankee insurance agents.... (j/k)

Good luck in NW TN.

Latest posts

Back