DM- Door Knocking- What to Do if Client Not Home....?

summerof18

Guru
100+ Post Club
I started ordering DM's. The ones that have no #'s or don't answer I plan on door knocking.
But what does everyone do if the potential clients are not home?
Do you leave your biz card along w/ copy of DM at their door and ask for them to call you? or do you just leave and try door knocking them again at later date?

I know its common sense, but just wanted others feedback. No need to make smart ass remarks. We are supposed to be on these forums to help and supports others.

Treat like anyone else not home. Honestly there are some very elementary questions that pop up on here that get tiring after seeing them over and over

The other option is to leave a delivery notice with your phone number. Just be forewarned someone will get upset over the delivery notice.

The other option is to leave a delivery notice with your phone number. Just be forewarned someone will get upset over the delivery notice.

I typically have decent success with delivery notices, but I never leave one on the first attempt to contact. Make a couple attempts at DKing, each in different time frames (morning/evening) and then leave notice.

I typically have decent success with delivery notices, but I never leave one on the first attempt to contact. Make a couple attempts at DKing, each in different time frames (morning/evening) and then leave notice.

Let me ask you something. If you get decent results and the people are not just hiding from you when your door knocking how would they know you knocked 2 to 3 times before leaving the delivery notice. If all that is the case why are you driving back multiple times.

Let me ask you something. If you get decent results and the people are not just hiding from you when your door knocking how would they know you knocked 2 to 3 times before leaving the delivery notice. If all that is the case why are you driving back multiple times.

I rarely use delivery notices, but when I do I get decent results. I don't call and schedule appointments on DM leads, just not an appointment setter. I route an area and canvas my route. I don't make multiple attempt in the same day typically. I always record what time I knocked and when I canvas that area again I work in the no answered leads, need it be a day later or on my next drop. If my second attempt is unsuccessful, ill leave a notice. Im a young guy and I enjoy being out in the field, just not one that can sit behind a desk all day. Im fairly new to the business and have had few leads that weren't available when I knocked, call it beginner's luck. But out of the times i have left notices, its been decent.

I started ordering DM's. The ones that have no #'s or don't answer I plan on door knocking.
But what does everyone do if the potential clients are not home?
Do you leave your biz card along w/ copy of DM at their door and ask for them to call you? or do you just leave and try door knocking them again at later date?

I also only DK the ones without numbers.

I use the lead card and write a note on it that I tried to contact them about the card. I also leave my business card with it.

I get very few callbacks by doing it that way but the ones that do call are buyers.

I used to use the delivery notices and I always got called when I left those. They were not very pleasant calls and I did hardly any business from using them.

About all it did for me was let me know to trash that lead. I stopped using the delivery notices a couple of years ago. Some people claim to have great success using them. Just not for me.

Back