DNA cancer screening tables are a medicare scam

I recently received an email regarding something similar that said it only pertained to those on Original Medicare. A few days later someone posted on a FB forum that it applied to those on certain MAPD plans, too. When I questioned the poster, it was shortly removed.

Here's the email:

EXTRA $350 to $700 Per Prospect

Hey, we spoke in the past about insurance. - I wanted to share a NEW program that can make a HUGE IMPACT ON YOUR CLIENTS LIFE and YOUR INCOME!!! By simply ADDING this to your current conversations you can easily make 2019 your best year yet!!! You can continue doing exactly what you are doing. Do not change anything…just add this to what you are doing?

Here is the 30 second synopsis:
This program is a CANCER SCREENING TEST that is FUNDED by MEDICARE (No Health or Life License required). By offering those that qualify the opportunity to take a simple mouth swab in the comfort of their own home…they can find out if they have a gene that could potentially increase their chances of getting cancer. This can allow your client/prospect the opportunity to take preventative measures with their healthcare provider to hopefully prevent the cancer. This is truly the first step in cancer prevention!!!

HOW YOU GET PAID!!!!

You earn $700 - For each test on someone who has personally had cancer.
You earn $350 - For each test on someone who has a family member that had cancer. (Mother, father, sister, brother, Grandmother, Grandfather, Aunt, Uncle etc)

Remember: For every person who had cancer ($700) there can by a brother or sister etc who may be eligible for the test. You can potentially turn 1 test into 2, 3 or 4 tests by simply getting referrals which could result in $1050, $1,400, $1,750 etc etc in EXTRA INCOME.

This is a great opportunity to turn a NO Insurance sale into a Cancer Screening Test and earn $350/$700 per test.

To learn more about this opportunity feel free to listen/watch the below quick webinar:
https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/recorded_audio?audioRecordingUrl=https%3A%2F%2Frs0000.freeconferencecall.com%2Fstorage%2FsgetFCC2%2FIFxiJ%2FaDwNv&subscriptionId=9191101

To Enroll in this terrific opportunity use the link below. There is a 1 time $50 enrollment fee.
https://advocate.affa.life/backoffice/110f4276c/signup

If you have any questions, lets chat.

I've been presented by a similar opportunity but I'm having a hard time thinking its a scam as a doctor is involved in the process, still not sure about it since CMS is clearly warning against those. Anyone has experience with this?

I've been presented by a similar opportunity but I'm having a hard time thinking its a scam as a doctor is involved in the process, still not sure about it since CMS is clearly warning against those. Anyone has experience with this?
Doctors have run some of the largest scams in the US... Some have bilked Medicare out of hundreds of millions with false claims..

I was approached as well, but have declined to participate due to 2 reasons, CMS warning, Pay to play involvement in selling. You also have to pay a fee for a hippa course.(REALLY)
There are so many Docs that are indicted on Medicare Fraud for billing, so thats a moot point for me.As far as I know being a previous DNA vendor,No Insurance of any kind pays for testing unless it's a genetic test of an unborn Child performed by a geneticist.So unless the client is willing to pay from their own pocket it's fraud until I learn otherwise.It looks to me they are looking to bamboozle the Agent and Client.

I did AHIP through UHC and they had a section about conflict of interest saying you shoyldn't be involved in DME or such so I wondered if this offer counted when selling or having MAPD clients.

Back