DNA cancer screening tables are a medicare scam

"The healthcare fraud conspiracy charge carries a maximum potential penalty of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense. The conspiracy charge carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine, or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense"

Pretty hefty penalty... Why risk it when with the same effort you can make just as much money legit with no risk of imprisonment.

1550.png
1551.png

I could be wrong, but it looks like someone opened up shop and is looking for help with this (ad on Craigslist). I''ll call tomorrow, play dumb and ask a bunch of questions.

We here at Medical PA are Looking for people to give medical screening to individuals with Medicare Insurance.(Red, White and blue card)
Make between $25 and $175 per person
Free training
Call XXX-XXX-XXXX between 9am and 5pm for a interview.

The "scheme" being discussed in this thread appears to be a collusive effort to misuse the "possible eligibility" of Medicare beneficiaries for a medical service to defraud the Medicare system to the financial benefit of the providers of the supposedly beneficial medical service.
Where are you coming up with the above conclusion?
I see you don't understand what it means by preventive measures, it is better than cure less costly and it saves lives and agony.
Ask anyone going through chemo on cancer stage 4?

Where are you coming up with the above conclusion?
I see you don't understand what it means by preventive measures, it is better than cure less costly and it saves lives and agony.
Ask anyone going through chemo on cancer stage 4?
Good idea.. I am glad you asked me! I have been through stage 4 treatment, 9 weeks of Chemo and 38 radiation treatments. .. And, to me, as a cancer survivor, this appears to be pure scam.. Knowing my genetic disposition through this test would not have prevented my cancer and would not even made a difference in the treatment. Most people know if thye have a family history of cancer and realize that may make them predisposed to it... It does not take a $2K test to tell them that.

Good idea.. I am glad you asked me! I have been through stage 4 treatment, 9 weeks of Chemo and 38 radiation treatments. .. And, to me, as a cancer survivor, this appears to be pure scam.. Knowing my genetic disposition through this test would not have prevented my cancer and would not even made a difference in the treatment. Most people know if thye have a family history of cancer and realize that may make them predisposed to it... It does not take a $2K test to tell them that.
I am deeply sorry to hear about your situation. I am not aware about the $2000.

But I will tell you this? If everything is legitimate about cancer screening? I will be out there helping families. If I can help one family identify the DNA of the genotype that is inherited and runs through a family chain. I will be be advocate.

I've been at my boys Baseball games today on the road, so just got home. I received this email from my Attorney:

Tom,

Based on the links that you provided me, my consult is to advise you to not participate in the marketing of the Cancer / DNA screens that you mentioned. It has more risk than reward, not to mention the potential legalities that could or could not be criminal.

You may wish to thank Mr. Ritter for sharing his findings with you. Probably saved your career.

Sincerely,

Seymour

So - thanks @craig_ritter

I am deeply sorry to hear about your situation. I am not aware about the $2000.

But I will tell you this? If everything is legitimate about cancer screening? I will be out there helping families. If I can help one family identify the DNA of the genotype that is inherited and runs through a family chain. I will be be advocate.
You missed the point. Identifying the gene does nothing to prevent the cancer and if the gene exists there is already evidence of it in the family history. The test really accomplishes little if anything other than drive up medicare costs. If there any real benefit to it, it would be for younger folks but that is not who it is being offered to.

Oh, don't feel sorry for my situation. The Dr. That diagnosed told me was "massive and incurable" and to go home and make my funeral arrangements. That will be 9 years ago in April.

Back