Dnc Scrub

mziarnik

Expert
Anyone have any good ideas on a dnc scrubber. I plan on getting some lead lists so I'll also need to scrub them. Suggestions/comments/ideas are all appreciated.

Members of the association can get their lists scrubbed already. Unless you plan on calling the people months from now, you're good to go.

Not sure what a lead list might be, but it's easy to get a list sorted to your requirements.

Rick

That's what you get from https://telemarketing.donotcall.gov/. It's $60 per area code, but the first five are free.

If you ever get called into court that's what they'll want to see; it won't matter if the list broker did it.

Josh, if I download a scrubbed list from ListShack, are you saying that I'm at risk. Isn't that scrubbed list good for 30 days?

Josh, if I download a scrubbed list from ListShack, are you saying that I'm at risk. Isn't that scrubbed list good for 30 days?

The courts have held "my list broker scrubbed it" isn't a defense, you have to do the scrubbing yourself. Almost no one does their own scrubbing, but that's what you're supposed to do. In application I've never heard of an individual agent getting pinched for anything like that, it's always call centers and usually one's with blatant disregard for the TCPA/DNC provisions. Some individual agents have been pinched for robo calls, but that's the extent of what I've heard about.

There are two ways you could find yourself in court, the first is if the FTC looks into it (usually involves multiple complaints to the FTC before they move in on it). The other way is the right to private action which is where an individual can basically take you to small claims court for $500. You can read about that in the "right to private action" section of the law which can be found here: http://www.tcpalaw.com/free/47usc.txt.

Does that make sense?

The courts have held "my list broker scrubbed it" isn't a defense, you have to do the scrubbing yourself. Almost no one does their own scrubbing, but that's what you're supposed to do. In application I've never heard of an individual agent getting pinched for anything like that, it's always call centers and usually one's with blatant disregard for the TCPA/DNC provisions. Some individual agents have been pinched for robo calls, but that's the extent of what I've heard about.

There are two ways you could find yourself in court, the first is if the FTC looks into it (usually involves multiple complaints to the FTC before they move in on it). The other way is the right to private action which is where an individual can basically take you to small claims court for $500. You can read about that in the "right to private action" section of the law which can be found here: http://www.tcpalaw.com/free/47usc.txt.

Does that make sense?

Yes. Damn, I miss the old auto dialers! Just set the sequence of #'s and let it call all day. One time it called a Fire Department and the guy went on a long rant about keeping the line tied up, and I was thinking...just hang up the phone and the line will be free.

I'm surprised I never heard from the States Attorney, because his # was in the same sequence. That was 25 years ago.:laugh:

Back