Dnc Scrub

How do you the next step, scrubbing for cell phones?

That's (not so surprisingly) a bit more complicated. With the DNC you just get a list from donotcall.gov and you have your suppression list, with removing cell phones you need to get a licensing agreement with NeuStar (~$1,200 annually) which will let you know which numbers have been ported from landline to cell phone and from cell phone to landline, then you'll also need a wireless block identifier list that indicates which numbers start off as a cell phone. I have a database guy that works for me and he uses my servers to do it, but there isn't a simple tool to do it with. There are services out there claiming to do it on a per record basis, but considering how muddy the whole process can be and that you're supposed to do it every 15 days has had me back away from it. From a tech perspective it's no problem, but I'd have to charge about two grand a year per client in licensing alone and it just didn't make any sense for us to do that.

That's (not so surprisingly) a bit more complicated. With the DNC you just get a list from donotcall.gov and you have your suppression list, with removing cell phones you need to get a licensing agreement with NeuStar (~$1,200 annually) which will let you know which numbers have been ported from landline to cell phone and from cell phone to landline, then you'll also need a wireless block identifier list that indicates which numbers start off as a cell phone. I have a database guy that works for me and he uses my servers to do it, but there isn't a simple tool to do it with. There are services out there claiming to do it on a per record basis, but considering how muddy the whole process can be and that you're supposed to do it every 15 days has had me back away from it. From a tech perspective it's no problem, but I'd have to charge about two grand a year per client in licensing alone and it just didn't make any sense for us to do that.

So I take it a lot of agents are just ignoring the cell phone rule.

----------

Why couldn't the dial-er industry embed technology into the auto dial-er that identifies and prevents a cell phone number from being dialed?

Last edited:
Why couldn't the dial-er industry embed technology into the auto dial-er that identifies and prevents a cell phone number from being dialed?

That can be done, but the biggest challenge with this comes down to the licensing. From what I've researched the only way the licensing works is through NeuStar which has a pretty strict policy that basically means any end user has to pay for the licensing. Rescrubbing it every two weeks is one thing, but it would also mean basically charging $3k/year/client to cover it at about cost (licensing for port list, licensing for wireless block list, database work).

How many agents do you think would be a $3k fee annually on top of the cost of everything else?

Hey Josh....in the past, I've used Vonage for "hand-dialing" and I know they won't allow a large amount of calls even though they bill themselves as "unlimited" (with an asterisk).
Would 200 Vonage calls a day trigger a grievance by them? They are giving me a pretty good offer to "come back".

Hey Josh....in the past, I've used Vonage for "hand-dialing" and I know they won't allow a large amount of calls even though they bill themselves as "unlimited" (with an asterisk).
Would 200 Vonage calls a day trigger a grievance by them? They are giving me a pretty good offer to "come back".

Pretty sure it would. I use the SIP account I have for the dialer on it. You can get an account with Vitelity.com too and if you just use their SIP termination service it's still pretty cheap. You can use something like x-lite/3cx or use something like this Amazon.com : Yealink SIP-T22P Professional IP Phone with 3 Lines and HD Voice : Corded Telephones : Electronics

Takes a little work to get set up, but there are no monthly charges, you pay as you go, and it's never going to get flagged for a TOS abuse.

Pretty sure it would. I use the SIP account I have for the dialer on it. You can get an account with Vitelity.com too and if you just use their SIP termination service it's still pretty cheap. You can use something like x-lite/3cx or use something like this Amazon.com : Yealink SIP-T22P Professional IP Phone with 3 Lines and HD Voice : Corded Telephones : Electronics

Takes a little work to get set up, but there are no monthly charges, you pay as you go, and it's never going to get flagged for a TOS abuse.

Those IP phones are nice:yes:

Back