Do Agents like using Health Sherpa? Is the new EDE as good as they claim?

nymets365

My GA has a hard time getting my commissions on Marketplace business. Even though I provide BOR's for some of my clients, they say the carrier doesn't have my NPN attached to the account. Also, I am looking for the quickest way to update applications during OE. Any suggestions would help!

I've used Health Sherpa since 2017 Open Enrollment. It has had problems interfacing with HealthCare.gov from time to time, but none of those caused by NPN to not be attached to each enrollee. I'm a low-volume health agent, so take into consideration with my response.

Thank Allen, your comment helps. I am kind of surprised you have been the only answer, I guess everyone is busy with OE!. Thanks again!

WOW - thank you so much for posting this question because I had no idea that HealthSherpa could help agents so much. I was really struggling with what to do with my Marketplace enrollment capabilities because I can only do two carriers in my area and one doesn't pay commissions. So I would be giving away my services for free. I just checked out HealthSherpa and signed up with them - what an awesome platform. Yes, technically I can get more money throughout the year by being appointed directly with a carrier, but in my case where I'm low volume anyways, and a newbie just trying to figure it all out, AND the biggest carrier in my state doesn't pay commissions at all - this is just an absolute marvel for me. I am so excited to use this platform, it totally solves all my problems. And I just called the agent helpline for a question regarding the carriers vs referral fee (they pay you $50/75 per submitted app which considering it only takes about an hour to do an app, is awesome for me) and the wait was not long at all, and they were super helpful and nice. I am impressed with what I've seen already. And the double-back with Marketplace as mentioned above really isn't a huge issue for me at all. They've got a super screen-by-screen tutorial on how to work with it, and it does not seem difficult to me. I don't know if this helps YOU at all, lol, but your question sure did help ME, so thank you thank you thank you!!

Back