Do Amazon and Google pose a threat to home insurers?

Insurance Forums Staff

Guru
Sponsor
Insurance Forums Staff submitted a new article

Do Amazon and Google pose a threat to home insurers?
bigstock-Bandar-Seri-Begawan-brunei-J-253427329.jpg

Latest J.D. Power Pulse Survey on insurtech trends reveals 1 in 5 American consumers (and a much higher percentage of Millennials) would switch to a policy offered by a tech giant should they enter the market; 34% of consumers (57% of Millennials) would likely switch to a home insurer offering smart home technology loss and protection options.
Continue reading the Original Article.

These tech companies are evolving, for the better IMO. For example you can order right off yelp now. Why just provide reviews or search results? Might as well get a piece

Convenience for the end user - in my yelp example I wanted a soup place (Vietnamese pho soup). I found them on yelp and placed my delivery order on the same site. Saved me time. I am sure they made money off of the transaction.Seems like natural progression.

Same with a policy right? People already google insurance all day long why not offer them a quote while they are at it and save them a step?

Frankly, these companies pose a threat to all of mankind even though I use them both daily. LOL

Reactions: djs
Back