Do Any New Agent's Managers Use This System?

junkman

Guru
100+ Post Club
One General Agent I worked for had a productivity system for new agents. It was in the days when a carrier would pay a declining salary and the GA was on the hook for 50% of salary.

Anyone on financing had to generate 100 points per week.

Talking to 10 prospects = 1 pt
Setting 1 appointment = 3 points
Going on an appt = 3 pt
Completing Fact Finder = 1 Pt
Sale = 4 pt
Referral = 1 pt
Sale where commission >= Weekly Salary = 100 pt

Go 2 weeks without 100 pts & you were off subsidy.

GA kept 1/2 of payout & agent commission was really 50% of what it could have been.

GA provided office, phones, computer etc.

It was a pretty good way to manage productivity because if you had the required 100 pts, you would sell something.

About the only way to hit 100 points is to get a sale in excess of the salary. You might as well ditch the rest of it.

One General Agent I worked for had a productivity system for new agents. It was in the days when a carrier would pay a declining salary and the GA was on the hook for 50% of salary.

Anyone on financing had to generate 100 points per week.

Talking to 10 prospects = 1 pt
Setting 1 appointment = 3 points
Going on an appt = 3 pt
Completing Fact Finder = 1 Pt
Sale = 4 pt
Referral = 1 pt
Sale where commission >= Weekly Salary = 100 pt

Go 2 weeks without 100 pts & you were off subsidy.

GA kept 1/2 of payout & agent commission was really 50% of what it could have been.

GA provided office, phones, computer etc.

It was a pretty good way to manage productivity because if you had the required 100 pts, you would sell something.

I highly recommend it. Especially for those dragass days in the field. Here's mine for door to door:

face to face contact 1 point

appt 0 points (any goof will give an appt and not show wrecking my schedule

presentation 10 points (if I get to the kitchen table)

sale 20 points

daily goal is not to get sale but to get 20 points.

Somedays I get in on my 10 o'clock door, write and I'm back in the office by noon drinking coffee and teasing the secretary. My belief is that consistent and measured activity results in consistent sales. I can't control whether I'll get a sale or not, but I can control activity, namely contacting...Good selling:biggrin:

Back