Do Any of You Attend Sales Seminars?

Jan 25, 2016

1. Cornelius

Cornelius Guru

If you do or have whom do you like or did like if you attended in the past?

Thanks.

2. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Guru

State:
    California
    Very rarely anymore. Most are run by sales manager as opposed to grunts that actually do the job. I may go to one to support a manager I like, maybe. Jackson National used to do a pretty good job way back in the day.

3. Cornelius

Cornelius Guru

Thanks. I got to sit in on a Tom Hopkins seminar and he used to sell RE way back in the day. I kind of liked it and I have also heard and read Don Spini. I am thinking of attending more seminars in the future but as mentioned it's good to hear people who have been in the trenches.

4. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Guru

State:
    California
    OK if we go waaay back then I saw Tom Hopkins as well as several others that were very good. I thought you were talking the home office rubber chicken roadshow type.

One that I remember that changed the way I did presentations was Howard Wight. The one-page proposals worked very well for me. First time i saw him was at a NALU convention in Oakland about 1988 or so. I took his one-pager idea and presented and sold my first Million Dollar policy that week.

I may start doing some more of those seminars. Nice way to write off a trip, err, I mean education.

5. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Guru

State:
    Nevada
    I'm part of a few study groups. We meet a couple of times per year and discuss best practices, challenges, marketing ideas, etc.

I find those invaluable.