Do Carriers Send Pending Cancellations to AMS Systems?

stephen75023

I currently have a system in place, however they do not post pending cancels. I have to go to each carrier to get the information. I really need a way to consolidate the work. Any ideas would be helpful

My current agency management system does not report them to me. They said it is the carrier that isn't sending the information. just the cancels.

ALL management systems have limitations, thats why first thing every morning, you log into the carriers sites and find out....

My current btoker I started for does not check nor does he remind his clients of a pending cancelation. I think its stupid. He sees it as something he shouldn't do. I see it as letting easy money go since the hard work has already been done getting them. I am able to write with 13 carriers for personal and upwards of 20 for commercial. Its not realistic to check each morning? Maybe if I had a csr soley to myself I wouod have them do that but what do you guys do?

My current btoker I started for does not check nor does he remind his clients of a pending cancelation. I think its stupid. He sees it as something he shouldn't do. I see it as letting easy money go since the hard work has already been done getting them. I am able to write with 13 carriers for personal and upwards of 20 for commercial. Its not realistic to check each morning? Maybe if I had a csr soley to myself I wouod have them do that but what do you guys do?

he doesnt contact them, because once he does, it sets a precedent that he provides that service, the one time he misses a cancellation, client says he never notified me, he is screwed:goofy:

F150 has it right. Each agency must decide early on - how to handle lapses. Once you chase one, you need to chase them all. Must show consistency. Even if you want to say goodbye to some....give them all the same notice.

P&C is sooo much fun.

Dave

Back