Do I need a website orrr??

Colie06

Super Genius
Atlanta
Happy New Year everyone!!

So a few months ago I paid web.com to build me a site.
Im paying $145 a month, no real traffic goes to this site fyi..
I really just want a site for my business cards and to look more "professional" if you will.
www.Getyourlifecoverage.com
I hearing theres a company that does insurance agents sites for free:
https://www.usagent.io/register/--I wonder what their web pages look like, anyone try them?
I like my website but would rather not spend $145 for something I doubt anyone sees.

Any suggestions?

Unless you are using a site to drive traffic to it (using it as lead generator) that is way to much to pay, imo. If you really only need an online business card, there are a ton of companies that offer a good overall template based "do it yourself" sites, that you can put your own info on. Most are under $20/mo. 1to1, godaddy, etc. are just a couple that come to mind.

I'm sure some other folks will chime in with ideas.

Is that first link your site? What is the second link - the site that builds? It came up error on the link.

Unless you are using a site to drive traffic to it (using it as lead generator) that is way to much to pay, imo. If you really only need an online business card, there are a ton of companies that offer a good overall template based "do it yourself" sites, that you can put your own info on. Most are under $20/mo. 1to1, godaddy, etc. are just a couple that come to mind.

I'm sure some other folks will chime in with ideas.

Is that first link your site? What is the second link - the site that builds? It came up error on the link.
Yes the first one is mine.
The second one was one I googled, supposedly does agents sites for free but I could find an example of an agents actual site on their..
Yea $20 a month is more my speed. I haven't generated any leads from it. The company says I should wait a few months as it takes time to build up.. I suggested that the first few months I shouldn't have to pay $145 than.. LOL

Yes the first one is mine.
The second one was one I googled, supposedly does agents sites for free but I could find an example of an agents actual site on their..
Yea $20 a month is more my speed. I haven't generated any leads from it. The company says I should wait a few months as it takes time to build up.. I suggested that the first few months I shouldn't have to pay $145 than.. LOL

That website you have will literally never once generate a single lead. A website will not just magically show up in search engines close enough to get traffic. It takes work. The company who sold you that website sold you a bill of goods.

But honestly think about what you are asking. You want a free website or one that costs 20 per month, and you want it to produce leads. Do you realize how dumb that sounds? If it were that easy and cheap, everyone and their mom would be doing it.

If you want a website that produces leads, it will A) not be cheap, it will B) require a lot of work and C) it will take many months to years before it starts generating leads organically

That website you have will literally never once generate a single lead. A website will not just magically show up in search engines close enough to get traffic. It takes work. The company who sold you that website sold you a bill of goods.

But honestly think about what you are asking. You want a free website or one that costs 20 per month, and you want it to produce leads. Do you realize how dumb that sounds? If it were that easy and cheap, everyone and their mom would be doing it.

If you want a website that produces leads, it will A) not be cheap, it will B) require a lot of work and C) it will take many months to years before it starts generating leads organically
In my 1st post I stated
"I really just want a site for my business cards and to look more "professional" if you will."..

But thank you

As has been stated, you are way overpaying. To see how to help you, several questions:
  1. Does the web-company you used own your web URL, or do you own it?
  2. Are you contracted, or month-to-month pay? (can you cancel?)
  3. Do they offer a service to send traffic to your site? If so, how do they promote?
A 1-3 page "business card site" shouldn't cost much, maybe $100 per page, with no monthly. I've built several sites for my different business ventures:
www.protectyourclients.com (Med Supps)
www.medrepadv.com (medical sales)
www.incentivecredits.com (To prospect biz owners and generate income.)

These are a little more elaborate than a 3 page biz card site, but you get the idea.

My point is, I pay $10/year for the URL, no monthly fees. "Hosting" the site is cheap, too.

There are too many web guys who take advantage of folks. Try to get out of the contract (if any).

And like "suranceman" said, the key is getting traffic to the site. It can be time and money consuming, BUT you can start by using freebie options like LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, your biz cards, and email to market & promote your biz site.

I pay monthly for the URL. Its a 12 month program I signed up for, than after 12 months the website is mine.. or something like that. I had no idea what I was signing up for and I feel they knew that. I'm keeping the company name. They promote they can bring traffic to your site, gave me a telephone number for the website that rings my phone, people can enter info and it come to my email address.
I just want a website minus all the fees and extras. I have a contract but I have until 1/12 to get out of it..I can use that $145 to purchase leads, lol
Appreciate your reply.
Thank you

I thought of another cheap option for you... www.60minutebible.com is a website I set up back in 2002 and have rarely had to touch it. It's with www.Godaddy.com, I think I pay $5-10 a month. This is using a Godaddy template. They have dozens of templates and is an easy way to set up a web page that looks good, and is a very cheap alternative to your current situation. Godaddy is not the only company that offers these turn-key sites, but their customer service is second-to-none.

My 2 cents,

Bherr

Happy New Year everyone!!

So a few months ago I paid web.com to build me a site.
Im paying $145 a month, no real traffic goes to this site fyi..
I really just want a site for my business cards and to look more "professional" if you will.
www.Getyourlifecoverage.com
I hearing theres a company that does insurance agents sites for free:
https://www.usagent.io/register/--I wonder what their web pages look like, anyone try them?
I like my website but would rather not spend $145 for something I doubt anyone sees.

Any suggestions?

if it's just a business card.. .I would use Wix.com ... They have a feature called Wix ADI. All you have to do is make some style changes to your liking and add content.

$10/month to remove ads. $145/ month is too much for just a business card.

if it's just a business card.. .I would use Wix.com ... They have a feature called Wix ADI. All you have to do is make some style changes to your liking and add content.

$10/month to remove ads. $145/ month is too much for just a business card.
Thank you so much. I canceled that $145 one yesterday. lol

Back