Do Insurance Companies Accept Dash Cam Videos if There's a Dispute of Who's at Fault?

badkitty

Expert
Do insurance companies accept dash cam video if there's a dispute of who's at fault? Come to think of it... what about traffic or civil courts? :)

I'm thinking about getting one, after seeing one in action in my friend's car. It's only about $100 and automatically records whenever the car engine is on.

I would imagine that if the at-fault party's insurance company suspects that their client will lose in a lawsuit that they have to defend them in and you have good evidence on camera, they'll be more likely to settle instead of fight.

Should be the same for courts. Most of the time people plead no contest because its their word against the cop. But if you have evidence on the camera, the judge might rule in your favor. Those things can end up going to a trial with a jury of your peers. I'm sure videos can be entered as evidence. I'm not a lawyer though. I don't think it can hurt unless you accidentally record something that incriminates you, lol.

Back