Do It Yourself Direct Mail Leads

Birdman300

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm seriously considering doing my own direct mail leads to save money. I have resources (responsible teenage kids, and daughter-in-law) to stuff the envelopes...I would pay them of course and my wife would manage it while I focus on FE sales. Has anyone on this forum ever done this successfully on their own?

The main cost of postcards is the postage. I seriously doubt you could get the labor and the card for any cheaper than a mailhouse.

I'm currently paying $440/1000 mailers. This includes demographic search and address count, all postage & mailers, and the return cards are mailed directly to me. The post office quoted me a rate of $.29/ea if I mail more the 150 count to each 3 digit zip. The postage alone is $290-$300 for first class. On top of that I would need to print the cards so there's another cost. I would need to buy the data so there's another cost. I'm just curious to know if anyone has ever done this successfully in the past.

Why do you say that Mark?

More people will look at your postcard than open your envelope.

I trash a lot of my junk mail, but always look at the postcards while I'm walking back to the house.

Postcards are also cheaper and easier to do.

Also, notice that most mail houses use postcards instead of envelopes.

More people will look at your postcard than open your envelope.

I trash a lot of my junk mail, but always look at the postcards while I'm walking back to the house.

Postcards are also cheaper and easier to do.

Also, notice that most mail houses use postcards instead of envelopes.

I wonder if price and # of looks are better than the call to action which for reply mailers is easy, fill it out for more info. I think a postcard would be to have a call back or go online which might produce less responses.
What do you think?

I wonder if price and # of looks are better than the call to action which for reply mailers is easy, fill it out for more info. I think a postcard would be to have a call back or go online which might produce less responses.
What do you think?

I think the trifold post card with a pref reply lets the prospect see the call to action. I like post card's vs. envelope.

Remember you also have to buy a bulk mail stamp from the post office. or at least you used to.

I tried bulk mail before, doing it all myself and honestly it just was "busy" work. In other words you were "busy" so you must be selling insurance, right?

There are a lot of things in our business that we tell ourselves are good, because they keep our hands busy. But to be honest, a lot of those things keeping our hands busy are just jerking ourselves off. They don't make us money, they take our time away from the things that do.

Find the things that can make you money that are of reasonable cost to you.

That said your mileage may vary.

If there was one or two ways that actually work all the time in this business. Everybody would do them for a couple months and then drop them and try and find something else... ;)

Back