Do Not Call List & Lapsed Policies

Are you a captive agent? Where are you getting your leads?

Captive? No, but that is where I learned to do policy reviews and replacements.

I used to live by the JNL regional office. Man, those customer service girls sure liked cookies and chocolates. And drank something awful. I got a ton of orphan accounts from them and they referred every mean and nasty case to me. If there was a problem case they sent it to me and never heard from the client again. That is where I learned to AOR everyone I speak to.

Now I AOR everyone that has a policy with a company I have. On the ones where I do not have a contract I get a policy review authorization. I get a policy summary and an in force illustration and wait. I also have a small company that sends me a lot of referrals. They know that I take them all, the lay down conversions and the problem deals. Got one today where I need to do a Waiver of Premium conversion that I will not get paid on. But I find out the 61yo wife has an imploding UL and a Bankers LTC policy. I have already quoted the replacement and gave the LTC lead to a friend. The contingent bene is the son, who's wife is expecting their first child. The mom is calling him to let them know I will be calling. When I write them I will find out if her parents have ever heard back from their agent.......... And the beat goes on.

The above is a long answer to "Where are you getting your leads?" the short answer is I learned to prospect the old fashion way. Through service. I do not buy leads. Unless you count the five pounds of Ghirardelli Chocolate I just sent to Customer Service.:1wink:

Back