Do people on Medicaid have to take a D-SNP?

It depends on the plans available in the area but, in general, can’t think of a single reason not to go with a dual plan if it’s PPO.

I’ve only put one dual eligible client on a non d-snp. She had been with her Dr. for years and refused to leave him. He didn’t take any dsnp so I explained the difference and put her with uhc ppo. She was just happy to not have to pay the part b premium and MAPD

Why didn’t straight Medicare & Medicaid w/PDP work in that case? The reason why I ask this is because i have had cases where I thought that I was “doing the right thing” by placing a Medi-Medi with only a piddly-azz $38 PDP only to have another agent come up from behind me and enroll them into an MA PPO with very nominal extras like a pair of glasses and 6 free Transpo rides. In those situations, does EVERY provider waive the copay/coinsurance? I had one like that recently that I need to find out what happened.

Last edited:
Why didn’t straight Medicare & Medicaid w/PDP work in that case? The reason why I ask this is because i have had cases where I thought that I was “doing the right thing” by placing a Medi-Medi with only a piddly-azz $38 PDP only to have another agent come up from behind me and enroll them into an MA PPO with very nominal extras like a pair of glasses and 6 free Transpo rides. In those situations, does EVERY provider waive the copay/coinsurance? I had one like that recently that I need to find out what happened.

That facility did not take Medicaid. She only wanted that Dr.

Back