Do Police Officers Get Put in Lower Health Classes Due to the Riskier Nature of Thier Jobs?

FA100

This is for life insurance. if they are put in a lower class, what class would a healthy young officer be put in? Thank you

Wino is correct. Police qualify normally, except for the high risk duties like the bomb squad. Local, county, state, all OK for best rate.

The special agencies like FBI, DEA, CIA, SWAT, Secret Service, Federal Air Marshall, CSIS all all taken on individual consideration in regards to exact duties.

Thank you guys for the quick response. So if this client is a NYC police officer, he should able to apply for best rate?

Just seeing this thread reminded me of a story I thought I read on the tgp forums about a guy who sold life insurance to front-line soldiers, he sold it as an agent for the United States, and there were two plans, a small 5k and a 35k plan. He would talk to them as a group and would ask them,

If the United States are covering you as the insurers, who do you think they will send in first for combat, the guys they are on the hook for 5k or the guys they are on the hook for 35k.......he sold a ton of 35k policies!

That seems fairly bogus to me as active duty soldiers already get super cheap SGLI with a face amount of (100K back in the 80s) 400K today.

In regards to military, I see mostly officers applying for private life ins. The Gov offers pretty cheap insurance options that covers most military peoples needs for their finances. It's officers with a better pay grade that tend to go for a little extra to cover family needs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thank you guys for the quick response. So if this client is a NYC police officer, he should able to apply for best rate?

I think you're good to just look over the company preferred guidelines and apply as he would normally qualify.

Last edited:
Agreed Monkey.

These small policies of 5-35K reek of what American Amicable Agents did to poor, unsuspecting soldiers back in the day.

Back