Do You Add ADB

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I use FEX Quotes and if the client is healthy I sell the lowest price. Don't usually add any riders. Well I wrote a 55FT $15,000 with MOO a couple of weeks ago and went back today and another agent had wrote her Columbian last week. He added ADB so she wanted to know how much it was to add it to her MOO policy. MOO cost $3.93 and Columbian cost $1.34 making them less expensive. Said she was going to keep both policies. I don't think she will. I didn't say anything negative because I sometimes sell Columbian. Hope the other agent does the same. Wish FEX quoted ADB.

Almost never add it. I would rather sell real insurance. If I'm selling Trans I will usually show them that for a couple bucks more they can add it. A few people say to add it. Most don't.

If someone is hung up on AD&D I offer to sign them up online for Gerber. $50K for $4.95/mo or $100K for $9.90/mo.

Very few take that either.

We need to health license in my state to sell accident only policies. I also feel like selling in an urban high crime area people see a value add to having that built-in.

On the flipside when I find Lincoln Heritage policies with seven dollar accidental riders added it makes it a lot easier to replace them.

We need to health license in my state to sell accident only policies. I also feel like selling in an urban high crime area people see a value add to having that built-in.

On the flipside when I find Lincoln Heritage policies with seven dollar accidental riders added it makes it a lot easier to replace them.

I'm health licensed so that's not an issue.

The ad&d on LH isn't what makes them so replaceable. It's their rates period.

But I don't sell the Gerber AD thing. I help them enroll online if that's something they want. Only been a couple of people that wanted it.

LH. uses smoke and mirrors, 5k, turns into 10k.

It seems all the companies that push accidental death use the smoke and mirrors. The only time I get replaced around here is by NASB and OneLife Agents doing what you've described. Sometimes they magically add accidental death benefits to people that are too old to qualify for them :D

A visit back out to the house always solves that problem.

She must have gotten the super preferred plan by Colombian If MoO barely beat it in the first place?

How is the UW on that product?

Hoosier so if you sell someone a policy without it, I meet them some them an option with it and flip them you don't think that's fair?

LH. uses smoke and mirrors, 5k, turns into 10k.

Not just LH but shady agents with all companies. Had a Settlers insured tell me they had 50K Life insurance. Turned out they had 10k plus 40K accidental DB. Swore the agent kept telling them they had 50k "coverage" .

Hoosier so if you sell someone a policy without it, I meet them some them an option with it and flip them you don't think that's fair?

All is fair in love and war and sales. I'm with JD that I would rather offer more real insurance, but if they are giving them something of more value for more money, there is no problem with that. If they can sell it

So if they are really hung up on the accidental, I will show them another carrier that has the accidental for a better price or do with JD says with the Gerber or Mutual standalone accidental.

I don't fault anybody for using that method. We must create value for the prospect to buy. So whether you use member benefits, the lowest rates, accidental, yourself being their agent or any combination thereof, do what it takes!

Back